dual enrollment then straight to pharmacy school?

Started by dzs2009
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dzs2009

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!
I am a soon-to-be senior. Since the beginning of my junior year, i have been taking dual enrollment courses at my local community college. I have even taken at least four classes every summer by taking two classes per month of the summer. I should have my associates degree before i graduate high school. Now, my question is can i go straight to pharmacy school after i get my associates degree? I am trying to take all the pre-requisites but i might not have all of them to get in right away. So, if i dont have all the pre-reqs, how would i go about getting the rest of them then going on to pharmacy school? I am going to apply(i think) to Belmont University, University of Tennessee Memphis, Union University, and maybe some others just so you know. So, if i dont have all my pre-requisites what do i do about getting into pharmacy school? Would they allow me to finish up those courses then start phamacy school, or would i have to wait till the following year to get in? Thank you for your attention.
 
Hi!
I am a soon-to-be senior. Since the beginning of my junior year, i have been taking dual enrollment courses at my local community college. I have even taken at least four classes every summer by taking two classes per month of the summer. I should have my associates degree before i graduate high school. Now, my question is can i go straight to pharmacy school after i get my associates degree? I am trying to take all the pre-requisites but i might not have all of them to get in right away. So, if i dont have all the pre-reqs, how would i go about getting the rest of them then going on to pharmacy school? I am going to apply(i think) to Belmont University, University of Tennessee Memphis, Union University, and maybe some others just so you know. So, if i dont have all my pre-requisites what do i do about getting into pharmacy school? Would they allow me to finish up those courses then start phamacy school, or would i have to wait till the following year to get in? Thank you for your attention.

Not gonna happen. It's good that you've taken some classes, but you must finish ALL of your prereqs before entering pharmacy school. You would need to wait till the following year. Also, you may need to take the PCAT and be doing volunteer/extracurricular work in and/or pharmacy experience to be competitive.

BTW, you apply through Pharmcas the year before you plan on entering. I know for a fact that some schools will not take specific prereqs if taken at a community college. PM me if you have other questions.