husky10501

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hey Guys, it is possible to get Dual Residency in both Washington and Oregon? I'm trying to look it up but It's been hard tracking everything down so I thought someone here might know. Right now I'm an oregon resident but I lived in Washington and graduated from high school in Washington like 2 years ago. I read somewhere that you're a Washington resident if you graduated from a washington high school. Any ideas? Shoot, g2g to class! hahahaha.

MILK07

Silence, I kill you!!
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
May 13, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
When you fill out the AMCAS application, you can only select one state for residency purposes. However, some schools use a "close-ties" system, where if you can prove that you have some significant ties to the state, then you will be considered closer to IS than OOS.

So you might end up applying as an OR resident but applying for "close-ties" to UW, if they use that classification.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.