Dually accredited question???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marchiafava

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am going to be applying for neurology this summer. I am applying for allopathic programs but may go to an osteopathic program if I don't match. Therefore, I need a dually accredited transitional year, because as I know, there are no dually accredited prelim years in medicine. My question is simple. When I apply for the dually accredited internship year, do I have to apply using the AOA intern match or Can I go through ERAS??? Since the internship years are both DO/MD I was thinking I could apply using either application process??? I ask because it is sooo much easier to use ERAS in terms of just having to get one piece of each paperwork whereas using the AOA match you have to send LOR's and other paperwork to each program! I just want to avoid making this process more of a pain in the ass than it already is. Your answers are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

marchiafava said:
Hello, I am going to be applying for neurology this summer. I am applying for allopathic programs but may go to an osteopathic program if I don't match. Therefore, I need a dually accredited transitional year, because as I know, there are no dually accredited prelim years in medicine. My question is simple. When I apply for the dually accredited internship year, do I have to apply using the AOA intern match or Can I go through ERAS??? Since the internship years are both DO/MD I was thinking I could apply using either application process??? I ask because it is sooo much easier to use ERAS in terms of just having to get one piece of each paperwork whereas using the AOA match you have to send LOR's and other paperwork to each program! I just want to avoid making this process more of a pain in the ass than it already is. Your answers are appreciated.

My understanding is that it must be through the AOA match. I am fairly certain of this. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.