"Due Date" Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gotigers

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can secondaries be completed as late as December or January, or are they do a set amount of time from when you receive them, or does it vary with each school? I've received 7 or 8 but am still waiting on one last LOR, don't want to piss any schools off! Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

it varies from school to school.. like jefferson i guess wants it in two weeks while others so far only has an end due date.. i suggest you submit your secondaries and hopefully your recs will come in soon and you can send them to the respective school..

thanks so much for the prompt reply, i was enjoying my time off after finishing my amcas and now the secondaries are just as stressful!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you wait until January to get your secondaries in, chances are very good that you won't receive any interviews, or your interviews will be very very late. Schools get super backlogged with applications, and if your's is at the bottom of the pile, adcoms might not get to it in time.

i figured as much...that's why i'm so eager to get them in asap, it's just that i didn't want to send them in and make them wait two weeks to get my LORs, i didn't know if that was poor etiquette. thanks again!

Make sure to stay on your letter writer's back. Profs are notorious for taking FOREVER to get letters in, even when they say the letter will be done by x date. Don't let this delay the rest of your application.