Duke Admissions!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats. drink a few for me, b/c I imagine it'll be at least another day or two until I find out!
 
Large manila envelope, addressed (like last year) to "the future Dr. _____". I haven't actually SEEN it as my mom was describing it to me over the telephone, but that's the info I know.

Best of luck to all waiting! Got my fingers crossed for y'all.
 
pagemmapants said:
Large manila envelope, addressed (like last year) to "the future Dr. _____". I haven't actually SEEN it as my mom was describing it to me over the telephone, but that's the info I know.

Best of luck to all waiting! Got my fingers crossed for y'all.
so your a North Carolinian... what undergrad?
Congrats!
 
pagemmapants said:
HOLY ****! THEY'RE ON THEIR WAY!

I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:
Congrats!

I saw this and instantly got really, REALLY nervous. Too bad I live in MO...my letter (in whatever form) probably won't arrive for a few more days.
 
Anyone know if ALL decisions went out yesterday or if it was just acceptances? I know they sent acceptances first last year and took a little longer to decide between waitlist/rejection.
 
congratulations, that is awesome! It does make me nervous, however, that one made it to Wake Forest and one has not made it to Raleigh (where I am)!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChocolateKiss said:
Anyone gotten a phone call from Duke students?
No phone call . . . I live in the Durham area and was accepted today by mail! Yay! Duke is such a great school. 😀
 
Hey guys, bad news. Duke Med's not as good as everyone thought, because they let my sorry ass in.

Before everybody flips out, I live in Durham.
 
omg! "the future Dr. ___?" that's enough to alleviate all the ego-bruising for the last 3 months. i hope i get one too! congratulations everyone!
 
Congrats to you folks. Hope to join you in the next few days, if the delinquent postal service in Chapel Hill will bring me the news.
 
How much postage was on the large acceptance envelopes? Were they sent priority, regular first class or Presorted/Bulk rate?
 
No phone call here but I e-mailed the AdCom at about 5 pm thanking them profusely, and got another e-mail back from Dr. Wallace saying "Thanks for saying thanks!" essentially. Yeah, I'm a dork.

or-BUST; Not a native North Carolinian - parents moved to Wake Forest my freshman year at UCLA. I've lived in: Australia, England, Washington, East SF Bay Area, and LA. Now it's on to the East coast!

Can't wait to see you guys in the "Duke Class of 2010" thread in the allo forum! *wink*
 
pagemmapants said:
No phone call here but I e-mailed the AdCom at about 5 pm thanking them profusely, and got another e-mail back from Dr. Wallace saying "Thanks for saying thanks!" essentially. Yeah, I'm a dork.

How sad is it that I was considering sending him the same email to find out if I got in. I'd either get one saying "thanks for saying thanks" or "you're crazy - what are you talking about". Eh, I can wait a few more hours for the mail.
 
bamf7 said:
How sad is it that I was considering sending him the same email to find out if I got in. I'd either get one saying "thanks for saying thanks" or "you're crazy - what are you talking about". Eh, I can wait a few more hours for the mail.

why do you think its a few more hours? wouldnt it be tomorrow?
 
kasha said:
why do you think its a few more hours? wouldnt it be tomorrow?

I figured it would come in the mail today, but I figured wrong. 🙁
 
bamf7 said:
I figured it would come in the mail today, but I figured wrong. 🙁
Me neither, but I did get some CVS coupons! That's almost as good, right?

Post your location (if you're OK with that) when you get your letters, so we can get some idea of the daily expansion of coverage. And, as always, good luck everyone!
 
dajimmers said:
Post your location (if you're OK with that) when you get your letters, so we can get some idea of the daily expansion of coverage.

:laugh: I love you guys. You're just like meeeeeeee! (I changed the address on the application system to my parents when I realized they send them snail-mail. Had that not been an option, I'd practice have my map and old-fashioned compass out and be drawing a new circle every day.) 👍
 
pagemmapants said:
:laugh: I love you guys. You're just like meeeeeeee! (I changed the address on the application system to my parents when I realized they send them snail-mail. Had that not been an option, I'd practice have my map and old-fashioned compass out and be drawing a new circle every day.) 👍
Well if you haven't gotten your letter yet, it is definitely a rejection. You should withdraw right now so you don't get sad later.
I live in Chapel Hill, a lot closer than Wake Forest, no package yet... it better be a really nice WL with a frisbee, "You are waitlisted at Duke, congrats"
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the Duke acceptance today in Alabama. Same large manilla envelope already described. 3 first class stamps, addressed to: (the future) Dr. Wahina.
 
Rejection in the mail today in Raleigh, NC, mailed first class. Good luck everyone else!
 
jwnduke said:
Rejection in the mail today in Raleigh, NC, mailed first class. Good luck everyone else!
Thanks for posting even though it was a rejection. At least now we know they all went out around the same time.
 
Anybody hear anything in the Chicagoland area? I'm in Evanston, IL and got nothing in today's mail.
 
OHare said:
Anybody hear anything in the Chicagoland area? I'm in Evanston, IL and got nothing in today's mail.


Argh. Damn you, postal service! I'm tired of waiting.
 
I just saw that a few minutes ago. I normally roll my eyes at fake profiles but that one had me cracking up !
 
potato51 said:
I just saw that a few minutes ago. I normally roll my eyes at fake profiles but that one had me cracking up !
I think my favorite part is that its supposed to be a 12 yr old with a PhD
 
it is actually possible to get a 99 on each section if you write in ABACADABA repeatedly on the test. it is also possible to get a PhD at the age of 12, if the student was offered college-level courses in reproductive phys. and human anatomy during the first 9 months of his/her life. this is done frequently on native american reservations. mmhmm.
 
SuzieQ3417 said:
I think my favorite part is that its supposed to be a 12 yr old with a PhD

I liked the 99 on all the MCAT sections.

Has anyone north of NC heard yet? I'm trying to figure out how far up the east coast they got.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got in!!!!!!!!! Holy CRAP!!!!! I am in Knoxville, TN. Also, like 45 minutes before I got the mail I got into WashU [I got that email that says I have to submit the scholarship application and the official letter is on the way]. Talk about a daY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Got the Duke acceptance in Dayton, OH today (3/3/06 mail)! W00t! Good luck to everyone else!

Out of curiosity, did anyone get information on merit-based scholarships in their letters? I don't know if Duke awards them at acceptance or if there's a separate process. I doubt I'd be in the running for one, but I'd like to know.

Peace.
 
Still nothing at my family's house in Dallas. If it made it to Ohio and Tenessee, it seems like it should have made it to big D by now, so I guess I'm looking at a rejection or waitlist. I feel sick....