Duke EM Program- New PD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

misterchimpanze

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that Duke has a relatively new PD (Dr. Broder). I have heard really great things about the previous PD, (Dr. Stahmer). Can any current resident's or past a former interviewees comment on this change?

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding that Duke has a relatively new PD (Dr. Broder). I have heard really great things about the previous PD, (Dr. Stahmer). Can any current resident's or past a former interviewees comment on this change?
Stahmer left and went to UNC.

As I look at the UNC faculty list, there are 5 former Duke faculty at Chapel Hill, and two more at Wake (and one graduated Duke resident at Wake). The chair at UNC now, Chuck Cairns, was our research director. I don't know what that means - if UNC is poaching big-time, or what. (Maybe it's just a better gig, $ or otherwise.)

Josh was new when I was there (and had come from UNC, ironically). He has been in now for 2 years, I think (as PD), and that guy is one of those industrious, machine-like educators. He is big into EM radiology.