Duke MBS 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greekgal325

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, making this thread for this years cohort. Feel free to post any updates on applications or thoughts on the program! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, applied for priority review as well. good luck and please feel free to post updates

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Found out about the program late and applied regular decision… such a cool opportunity. Good luck everyone ❤️

Nope, but I know last year they released decisions around this week (22nd or so) but I guess they are a little delayed this cycle.
It says that March 4th was the earliest they'd send decisions this year! :)

I also applied for regular review. Best of luck to all those getting their decisions in 2 days!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who did priority review when do you think we'll hear today? Has anyone heard yet?

For those who did priority review when do you think we'll hear today? Has anyone heard yet
Based on what I've seen, people usually find out by around noon (EST), but I'm not 100% sure

Reactions: 1 users
Got rejected... oh well haha

• Care
I just got my acceptance call :) Good luck guys!!

Reactions: 3 users
I have a 3.96 cumulative GPA, 3.97 science GPA. (517 MCAT but I didn't submit that).
Congratulations! Just out of curiosity, you have amazing stats so made made you want to apply to an SMP program?

Congratulations! Just out of curiosity, you have amazing stats so made made you want to apply to an SMP program?
Thank you! The biggest reason I applied is because I'm an international student, which has made getting an interview/acceptance from any medical school in the US extremely difficult/impossible (mostly due to the fact that schools that take internationals tend to be T20 or take over-qualified students over traditional undergraduates). I wanted to do something competitive yet meaningful during my gap year and Duke's program was unique in that it has a strong medical basis and incorporates clinical experience into the curriculum. Plus, it has some ties with Duke's SOM and will complement my undergraduate education pretty well :)

Thank you! The biggest reason I applied is because I'm an international student, which has made getting an interview/acceptance from any medical school in the US extremely difficult/impossible (mostly due to the fact that schools that take internationals tend to be T20 or take over-qualified students over traditional undergraduates). I wanted to do something competitive yet meaningful during my gap year and Duke's program was unique in that it has a strong medical basis and incorporates clinical experience into the curriculum. Plus, it has some ties with Duke's SOM and will complement my undergraduate education pretty well :)
Oh that makes sense. Congratulations once again and I’m sure you’ll do well in the program. Good luck!

I got in too! Good luck to everyone else!

anyone know when regular review decisions are likely to come out ?

anyone know when regular review decisions are likely to come out ?
It says from 3/11 - 4/8 on a rolling basis, but based on past threads it seems that a lot of regular review decisions came out on the last possible day lol. We can hope for sooner than later 🤞

Got a call around 12:10PM notifying me of my acceptance. Best wishes to everyone!!

• Love
Just got my acceptance call 2 hours ago - Congratulations everyone! (Also having a hard time deciding between this and BU MAMS, if anyone can speak to this, I'd really appreciate it!)

• Love
Got my acceptance call around 10 AM! Congrats everyone! Currently trying to decide between Duke and NIH Fellowship! Best of luck to everyone!

got my call this morning too! Congrats everyone! Does anyone know if a Facebook group was made?

got my call this morning too! Congrats everyone! Does anyone know if a Facebook group was made?
Congrats! I don’t think there’s a Facebook group (at least not one that I’m aware of)

Congrats! I don’t think there’s a Facebook group (at least not one that I’m aware of)
Thank you very much, congrats to you as well! I wasn’t able to find one either haha. I have never created a group but I can go ahead and try