Program-Specific Info / Q's Duke OTD / Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the interview a big factor of the decision? Do you all want to attend this school?
I'm assuming they're interviewing at least 100 of us, so I think the interview must be pretty significant in choosing who will get a seat in the cohort! Duke is definitely my first choice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm assuming they're interviewing at least 100 of us, so I think the interview must be pretty significant in choosing who will get a seat in the cohort! Duke is definitely my first choice!
I agree the interview will likely be a pivotal part of their admissions decision. UNC is my top choice but Duke is definitely a close second.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey peeps! Has anyone received the follow-up email Duke promised to provide with the more detailed interview information on 'what to expect and how to prepare'? Honestly seems a little weird that they haven't provided that information yet.

update: I emailed them and they said that they are finishing up the schedules and will be sending them out today via OTCAS

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey peeps! Has anyone received the follow-up email Duke promised to provide with the more detailed interview information on 'what to expect and how to prepare'? Honestly seems a little weird that they haven't provided that information yet.

update: I emailed them and they said that they are finishing up the schedules and will be sending them out today via OTCAS
Hello, tysm for the update!

Please correct me if I am wrong. Is it true that deposit fee is $1,000?!

Did you guys get any updates? Or even like a Zoom link? So confused

Hello, same here! I did not get anything from them and my interview is on sat. When is your interview?
Saturday too! Also is the interview actually going to be 3hrs and 45 mins because that’s scary

Omg i might see you there! Did you get an email?
Saturday too! Also is the interview actually going to be 3hrs and 45 mins because that’s scary
I received an email from them two days ago with my schedule and interview details so I would definitely check in with them if you still haven't received anything by today. To put your mind at ease about the long interview time, the schedule included in the follow-up email didn't seem all that intimidating. There will be a short group interview and a short individual interview but it looks like the rest of the time will be spent learning about the program / graduate life.

how did the interview go for those who had it today? (Thursday)

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from them two days ago with my schedule and interview details so I would definitely check in with them if you still haven't received anything by today. To put your mind at ease about the long interview time, the schedule included in the follow-up email didn't seem all that intimidating. There will be a short group interview and a short individual interview but it looks like the rest of the time will be spent learning about the program / graduate life.
I just got the email! Tysm for being so helpful~~

I think it's safe to say that you'll get in if you received an email, assuming that everything goes according to plan with the accreditation process.

Last edited:
I know it is early to ask lol i am considering of going to Duke. If you are as well and need a roommate, i am looking for a female roommate!
Where are you looking to live at?

I wonder if all of our emails say the same thing because it looks like we all got them on different dates :oops:

I wonder if all of our emails say the same thing because it looks like we all got them on different dates :oops:
I believe they say the same thing, although we got them on different days.

Yes, Im sure it says the same thing. We can compare it if you want haha I got it the following week than everyone else.

One more day until decisions start going out! I am NERVOUS, ya'll! Good luck to all you guys and I hope we get the news we're hoping for :)

• Love
One more day until decisions start going out! I am NERVOUS, ya'll! Good luck to all you guys and I hope we get the news we're hoping for :)
Are they exactly sending out this friday or any day after april 15th?

We did it!! 💜 Congratulations to us all!! — on a serious note, who creates a Facebook group of our class? Lol - would love to meet you guys!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
We did it!! 💜 Congratulations to us all!! — on a serious note, who creates a Facebook group of our class? Lol - would love to meet you guys!
Idk if we are allowed to join yet, but found one!

Attachments

• 40D82F35-FA8B-4A46-8059-E717EBF840E2.jpeg
    40D82F35-FA8B-4A46-8059-E717EBF840E2.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 69
I got in too! So excited to meet you guys!! :love:

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received their student ID number yet to pay the deposit?

Hello everyone! I also got accepted and would love to connect with you guys.

Has anyone joined the Facebook group yet? Also I’d be happy to start a GroupMe for us since not everyone may have a Facebook.

Has anyone joined the Facebook group yet? Also I’d be happy to start a GroupMe for us since not everyone may have a Facebook.
They did not accept my request. I feel like they will allow students to join after we officially make the payment.
we should definitely make a GroupMe :)

Here is the GroupMe!

You're invited to my new group 'Duke OTD Class of 2024' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

• Love