Duke Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrNE1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone received one or know how they are given out?

If so, which one did you receive?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there,
I know several people in my class who've gotten these scholarships and they're given out by the "dean of the med school based upon recommendations from the admissions committee" Basically, if they liked you and your app, you'll get one. I know that at second look, there were several kids who had already gotten some. Others who got these scholarships received them in the middle of the summer as they became available. If you're hoping for one, I would wait until the last possible moment because you could be pleasantly surprised since about 25% of the class ends up on a full ride(~10MD/PhDs + 7URM Scholarships + 8 general full tuition scholarships). Gotta love our financial aid!

Originally posted by Madjimbo1
Hey there,
I know several people in my class who've gotten these scholarships and they're given out by the "dean of the med school based upon recommendations from the admissions committee" Basically, if they liked you and your app, you'll get one. I know that at second look, there were several kids who had already gotten some. Others who got these scholarships received them in the middle of the summer as they became available. If you're hoping for one, I would wait until the last possible moment because you could be pleasantly surprised since about 25% of the class ends up on a full ride(~10MD/PhDs + 7URM Scholarships + 8 general full tuition scholarships). Gotta love our financial aid!

Madji the Wise, I salute you:thumbup: