duke secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Originally posted by bludeviled
Holy sh1t
I just skimmed the rest of the forum -
What with all this Duke bashing?

Do you go here? - ummm No; so don't hate ...

(But please feel free to hate on Durham :D )

"Generally busted" and "scrubs"??? - exactly what is this based on? I'm curious - was it a careful examination of the freshman face book? was it a quick scan of campus between classes? was it an extrapolation based on the chicks you went to highschool with that ended up at Duke? or are those the only people that let you hang out with them when you came to visit?

please enlighten me

Ha Ha, i'm mainly just yankin your crank here, most of my distaste for the school lies in my strong dislike for the basketball team. The "scrub" comment was in reference to the basketball team, we can discuss that one in another forum.

But a long time ago when I was applying to colleges, Duke was one of the schools I applied and got into, I visited it and hated the area, and maybe it was an abberration but I just met a lot of really obnoxious "we're so great cause we're at Duke" kids there when i visited.

Its a great school, dont get me wrong, but it was like, ok Durham sucks, I'm not seeing a lot of attractive girls for a school in the middle of nowhere. At least i can go a college in a city environment like nyu, penn, emory, etc and have real social outlets besides D I basketball . If I wanted to go to a school in the middle of nowhere, i'd at least find a large school with lots of good looking people (not that actually factored into my college decision, but you get my drift).

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by DW

If I wanted to go to a school in the middle of nowhere, i'd at least find a large school with lots of good looking people (not that actually factored into my college decision, but you get my drift).

wow...this is pretty shallow!

Originally posted by lola

wow...this is pretty shallow!

depends on your perspective. Social enjoyment plays a real factor in life decisions, and i could either pick the school where i thought i'd enjoy the area or not. I'd much rather go to a pretty good school in Atlanta for basically free and have a great time, or if was a cali resident go to a good school on the beach, but thats just me. If i went to a school in a less than urban area, i'd just like to have fun there. It was a 17 year old's logic, so sue me.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm talking about finding a school with good looking people!

SO we have to send in the secondary in two weeks but our recs have to come in by Dec 1st.??? WTF!! THe recs dont have to be submitted in two weeks though rite, rite ????

its just a way of saying get everything in as fast as you can, but don't sit on our secondary composing the perfect answer forever. because i imagine one could