So, no email or call with good news...no mail with good OR bad news...I interviewed in october...what does this MEAN?!
I interviewed in CA at a regional interview in late November.seethrew said:so strange.... when did you interview, maybe there are 2 batches. Mine was late october/early november. no word at all. and i live in raleigh, sound snail mail should have arrived.... poo!
I heard of rejections, but not a waitlist yet.Whitney said:No word here either (new york)....I don't think it's exactly pessimistic to assume not-so-great news at this point, but we can always hope, right?
One question: have people posted that they've received post-interview rejections/waitlistings at this point??
sasha, if you hear nothing by monday, mayb eyou should call them and tell them that. bes tof luck; i'm really rooting for youthe1111gal said:So, no email or call with good news...no mail with good OR bad news...I interviewed in october...what does this MEAN?!
No word yet for me in NYC. What is this, the pony express? I want my rejection already...Tra La La said:Here in CA...not a word yet.
I know that it's probably a waitlist, but more likely a rejection. Kinda hurts, but I would have not gone to Duke over UCSF or UCLA anyways.
Durham to NYC is 492 miles. Assuming letters were sent on Monday, that's less that 100 miles a day...the postman could have ridden a bike here by now!Tra La La said:For reals, man.
This waiting is ridiculous.
sven said:Durham to NYC is 492 miles. Assuming letters were sent on Monday, that's less that 100 miles a day...the postman could have ridden a bike here by now!
ftbstep said:I'm on the waitlist! Happy about that. I'm still pissed though that it took from monday until today to receive this letter....and I live in NC for crying out loud
I haven't decided where I'm going definitely, but I don't think I belong at Duke anymore...I think I'd be happier somewhere more urban and probably also somewhere where it's easier to walk or take public transit, and a car isn't the greatest necessity. (Atlanta traffic has worn me in ). That and I had a painful personal ordeal with someone at Duke who has decided to stay there for grad school. Despite the flaky agreement to stay "friends," being in the same zip code is not my favorite idea....the1111gal said:why will you definitely withdraw? have you decided where you'll be going?
And just when I'd let me hopes fall off. Now they're back up again...sigh.has said:Just got an acceptance letter today even though I did not receive an email or a phone call yet!!!! excited!
There is still hope for those who did not hear from duke yet!