DUKE: still haven't heard anything from duke whatsoever post interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So, no email or call with good news...no mail with good OR bad news...I interviewed in october...what does this MEAN?! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

so strange.... when did you interview, maybe there are 2 batches. Mine was late october/early november. no word at all. and i live in raleigh, sound snail mail should have arrived.... poo!

seethrew said:
so strange.... when did you interview, maybe there are 2 batches. Mine was late october/early november. no word at all. and i live in raleigh, sound snail mail should have arrived.... poo!

I interviewed in CA at a regional interview in late November.

Not a word yet.

I know that this definitely means that I'm not accepted...so it's probably a waitlist or rejection.

Members don't see this ad :)
No word here either (new york)....I don't think it's exactly pessimistic to assume not-so-great news at this point, but we can always hope, right?

One question: have people posted that they've received post-interview rejections/waitlistings at this point??

Whitney said:
No word here either (new york)....I don't think it's exactly pessimistic to assume not-so-great news at this point, but we can always hope, right?

One question: have people posted that they've received post-interview rejections/waitlistings at this point??
I heard of rejections, but not a waitlist yet.

I have heard nothing from anyone. I think that the mail service is broken. Or that my postal service worker has been abducted. (possibly by aliens.)

I haven't seen anyone posting a waitlist--so maybe those that haven't received anything are waitlists....its not nice to keep us waiting (and I hold grudges! ;))

No word here in NYC either..I think its safe to say we were either w/l or rej. Plus I'm a minority, and it looks like they ALL get phone calls :thumbdown: to Duke

I was in the admissions office this afternoon. I overheard the secretary tell someone on the phone that all decisions other than acceptances were mailed today. Also, I overheard her say that all those who had been given acceptances would have received Dean Wallace's congratulatory email that was sent yesterday. Hope this provides some clarity for those still wondering. Good luck to all of you!

kinda figured. still it isnt really the end of the world.

I didn't want to go to Duke anyways ;)

the1111gal said:
So, no email or call with good news...no mail with good OR bad news...I interviewed in october...what does this MEAN?! :cool:
sasha, if you hear nothing by monday, mayb eyou should call them and tell them that. bes tof luck; i'm really rooting for you :luck:

No word in MI either...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, ill take a waitlist...it wasn't my top choice...but it is a nice place...

i'm on the alternate list... shocked really!!!

got my rejection today.
:(
Guess a ton of connections in the hospital and alumni status can't get you everywhere.

Rejected today....seems like a great school, interesting curriculum....but I don't think it was for me, a Northeasterner at heart....Best wishes to all accepted!!

Here in CA...not a word yet.

I know that it's probably a waitlist, but more likely a rejection. Kinda hurts, but I would have not gone to Duke over UCSF or UCLA anyways.

I got my alternate list today in CA. Really disappointed. It's been a real crappy few days for me. I also got waitlisted at UCSF recently.

Tra La La said:
Here in CA...not a word yet.

I know that it's probably a waitlist, but more likely a rejection. Kinda hurts, but I would have not gone to Duke over UCSF or UCLA anyways.

No word yet for me in NYC. What is this, the pony express? I want my rejection already...

sven said:
No word yet for me in NYC. What is this, the pony express? I want my rejection already...

For reals, man.

This waiting is ridiculous.

Tra La La said:
For reals, man.

This waiting is ridiculous.

Durham to NYC is 492 miles. Assuming letters were sent on Monday, that's less that 100 miles a day...the postman could have ridden a bike here by now!

haven't gotten today's mail yet (damn slow dorm mail sorters) but am hoping for something non-rejection like

sven said:
Durham to NYC is 492 miles. Assuming letters were sent on Monday, that's less that 100 miles a day...the postman could have ridden a bike here by now!

:laugh:

It's a long way out here to CA, so I can understand not receiving a letter.

But everyone on the East coat should be in the know by now.

Well, I can say for certain the rejections made it to Austin, TX.

heeter said:
Well, I can say for certain the rejections made it to Austin, TX.

So Monday it is for me!

the1111gal said:
rejection in miami,florida

So sorry, 1111gal. I'll be joining you soon. Duke's loss ;) .

But it seems that you have some other great schools to choose from.

G'luck! :luck:

rejection in Austin, TX.

the silence is deafening in MI

(argh just send me my reject. Anything has to be better than this interminable waiting...)

Last edited:
the1111gal said:
rejection in miami,florida
sasha, I'm so sorry! :( obviously this admissions game is a crapshoot

I'm on the waitlist! Happy about that. I'm still pissed though that it took from monday until today to receive this letter....and I live in NC for crying out loud :mad:

ftbstep said:
I'm on the waitlist! Happy about that. I'm still pissed though that it took from monday until today to receive this letter....and I live in NC for crying out loud :mad:

How about this one....I live in Durham.....I'm a minority....and nothing! Reject me please so that I can finally enter a support group for rejects! :scared:

Michigan? Michigan? Anyone...

waitlisted (FINALLY)....and will definitely withdraw. Good luck to all of you still waiting and especially to those of you hoping to get in off of the waitlist! :luck:

why will you definitely withdraw? have you decided where you'll be going?

the1111gal said:
why will you definitely withdraw? have you decided where you'll be going?

I haven't decided where I'm going definitely, but I don't think I belong at Duke anymore...I think I'd be happier somewhere more urban and probably also somewhere where it's easier to walk or take public transit, and a car isn't the greatest necessity. (Atlanta traffic has worn me in :rolleyes: ). That and I had a painful personal ordeal with someone at Duke who has decided to stay there for grad school. Despite the flaky agreement to stay "friends," being in the same zip code is not my favorite idea....

here in Los Angeles got my waitlist. Im ecstatic. Never thought I could be this happy over being an "alternate".

OOOOoooooOOOOOoooooyou want to withdrawooooOOOOOoooooOOOOooooo

i got the waitlist letter today. since i obviously wasn't expecting an acceptance at this point,this isn't so bad.

I got the waitlist letter today too. Finally.

Ouch....just got my rejection today in VA :(

Still waiting here in the San Francisco BA. Anyone else hear (aside from an acceptance) from duke from around this region?

waitlisted today in the bay area

Just got an acceptance letter today even though I did not receive an email or a phone call yet!!!! excited!

There is still hope for those who did not hear from duke yet!

Last edited:
has said:
Just got an acceptance letter today even though I did not receive an email or a phone call yet!!!! excited!

There is still hope for those who did not hear from duke yet!
And just when I'd let me hopes fall off. Now they're back up again...sigh. :confused:

YAY! Waitlist letter today in Michigan...I cannot believe I am soo excited about this! WOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

i still havent heard anything from duke. just send me my rejection already!!