Duluth vs Twin Cities

Started by hildaluc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hildaluc

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I was wondering: since all Duluth students transfer to the Cities for their clinical years, when applying for residencies is there any difference between the was a UMD student is considered vs a UMTC student?

Or put another way: I am accepted at Duluth but the Twin Cities (where I am waitlisted) is my first choice. Should I keep taking interviews for schools that I like less than UMTC but more than Duluth? Or should I just go to Duluth knowing that my MD will be the same regardless of where I spend the first 2 years?

Does this make any sense? I feel like such a spaz...
 
hildaluc said:
Hey, I was wondering: since all Duluth students transfer to the Cities for their clinical years, when applying for residencies is there any difference between the was a UMD student is considered vs a UMTC student?

Or put another way: I am accepted at Duluth but the Twin Cities (where I am waitlisted) is my first choice. Should I keep taking interviews for schools that I like less than UMTC but more than Duluth? Or should I just go to Duluth knowing that my MD will be the same regardless of where I spend the first 2 years?

Does this make any sense? I feel like such a spaz...

If I were you I would keep on taking interviews. No harm in it really.
If I were you I would also try to get out of minnesota. But thats just me.