Duluth vs Twin Cities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hildaluc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering: since all Duluth students transfer to the Cities for their clinical years, when applying for residencies is there any difference between the was a UMD student is considered vs a UMTC student?

Or put another way: I am accepted at Duluth but the Twin Cities (where I am waitlisted) is my first choice. Should I keep taking interviews for schools that I like less than UMTC but more than Duluth? Or should I just go to Duluth knowing that my MD will be the same regardless of where I spend the first 2 years?

Does this make any sense? I feel like such a spaz...

Members don't see this ad.

hildaluc said:
Hey, I was wondering: since all Duluth students transfer to the Cities for their clinical years, when applying for residencies is there any difference between the was a UMD student is considered vs a UMTC student?

Or put another way: I am accepted at Duluth but the Twin Cities (where I am waitlisted) is my first choice. Should I keep taking interviews for schools that I like less than UMTC but more than Duluth? Or should I just go to Duluth knowing that my MD will be the same regardless of where I spend the first 2 years?

Does this make any sense? I feel like such a spaz...

If I were you I would keep on taking interviews. No harm in it really.
If I were you I would also try to get out of minnesota. But thats just me.