dumb Q. oh wait, there are no dumb Q's, only ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jot

:D

ok this is a middle school question - but i'm still asking - how long do you think is a reasonable length for the md/phd personal statement? i was thinking of trying to keep it at ~2 - 2.5 pages including "research experiences, why md/phd, and objectives". i have about 2.5 major research experiences to explain. is my "less is more" philosophy not appropriate at this point?

thanks.
-jot

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds quite reasonable to me and that should fit within most school's requirements.

"Less is more" would be appropriate. If you can fit it onto a page your application reviewer will love you. (You don't necessarily need to talk about everything you've done -- you can always include a list of your abstracts/publications, but just discuss the most relevant ones in your personal statement.)

-a.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I only described in detail the major project I worked on. A second lab where I only spent 6 months was basically a sidenote. I would keep it short and sweet.

Good luck,

Adam

hmm good points - i think i'll stick to my two major experiences. coolio. anybody else? just curious - when did you md/phders get your sh*te together? secondaries would be a breeze except for this personal statement thing. all's well though.

-jot

I was always told 1 page, single spaced, normal margins, size 12 font. That’s for MD. Could be diff for MD/PhD

MD PS word limit is 5300 characters. MDPHD PS word limit is 3000 characters. Research essay word limit is 10,000.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.