dumb Q. oh wait, there are no dumb Q's, only ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jot

:D

ok this is a middle school question - but i'm still asking - how long do you think is a reasonable length for the md/phd personal statement? i was thinking of trying to keep it at ~2 - 2.5 pages including "research experiences, why md/phd, and objectives". i have about 2.5 major research experiences to explain. is my "less is more" philosophy not appropriate at this point?

thanks.
-jot

none

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Status
Sounds quite reasonable to me and that should fit within most school's requirements.

atsai3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Boston
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
"Less is more" would be appropriate. If you can fit it onto a page your application reviewer will love you. (You don't necessarily need to talk about everything you've done -- you can always include a list of your abstracts/publications, but just discuss the most relevant ones in your personal statement.)

-a.

About the Ads

Rumit

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 17, 2001
Boston
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, I only described in detail the major project I worked on. A second lab where I only spent 6 months was basically a sidenote. I would keep it short and sweet.

Good luck,

Adam

OP
J

jot

hmm good points - i think i'll stick to my two major experiences. coolio. anybody else? just curious - when did you md/phders get your sh*te together? secondaries would be a breeze except for this personal statement thing. all's well though.

-jot

star.buck

MD Class of 2020
2+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2015
Michigan
Status
Medical Student
I was always told 1 page, single spaced, normal margins, size 12 font. That’s for MD. Could be diff for MD/PhD

wholeheartedly

Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2009
Beyond the Wall
I was always told 1 page, single spaced, normal margins, size 12 font. That’s for MD. Could be diff for MD/PhD
Did you realize this thread was from 2002?

Lucca

Will Walk Rope for Sandwich
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Oct 22, 2013
City of the Future
Status
Medical Student
Closing outdated thread

Status
Not open for further replies.