DVM schools that have a contract with Arkansas students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

johncronejr

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that LSU has a contract with Arkansas for in state tuition for Arkansas students. Does anyone know of any others. I have perused the sites but am not seeing any others that offer such. Are there any Arkansas studnets on here that know of any others?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone in my class here at Mississippi State just got his Arkansas contract seat accepted... might want to look into that?
 
Thanks lonepear. I plan on doing a bit of calling around Monday and seeing if perhaps Ok State, Tennessee, Missouri or Texas A&M have been working on anything with Arkansas. Every state that touches Arkansas has a vet school. I appreciate your response.
 
Back when I applied in 2007 there were only 3 schools that had contracts for instate tuition for an Arkansas resident:

Missouri -- 1 spot
Oklahoma -- 1 spot
LSU -- 9

After acceptance, LSU even offered additional scholarships to me to offset the higher cost of living in Baton Rouge, but I went with OSU (more cattle! 🙂)

Now it looks like there is an additional spot with Tuskegee. Look through the Arkansas Department of Higher Education website:

ADHE is who you have to deal with if you get a contract spot, so only believe what they tell you. Their phone number is on the webstie.
 
Last edited: