dvt prophylaxis for severe obesity pt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ag8864

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one has good reference on what is the best option for dvt prophylaxis on severe obesity pt (230 kg)?

Members don't see this ad.

Any one has good reference on what is the best option for dvt prophylaxis on severe obesity pt (230 kg)?

Learn to love the literature, this was just published......these people know the story. Although limited to LMWH, these agents probably have the most data compared to other classes.

http://www.theannals.com/cgi/content/abstract/43/6/1064

The Pharmacist's/Prescriber's Letter also addressed this recently.

Members don't see this ad :)
lmao...I told them months ago where I work that capping the dose at 150mg for enoxaparin made no sense...I'm bringing this **** it and flopping it on the central pharmacy table. Thanks, Pria...

what you doing now fool... PGY3? :smuggrin:
Did you get a job at your mother institution?

You should note that I am now listed as a Pharmist.......

I have a job, thinking about an FDA funded PhD program though. Yikes.

Jesus H Christ. I figure I'll be going into retirement by the time you start your career.

Hahahahahaha, I know.

Let me see if my VPN feels like working right now. If it does, I will get it to you.

Hahahahahaha, I know.

Let me see if my VPN feels like working right now. If it does, I will get it to you.

I'm reporting your ass to the authorities for illegally distributing copy righted material. I think it has a fine up to $200,000.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's right. Slavin' in my pjs, posting here, and watching TV. I work hard.

I just know where to look for said articles. :smuggrin:

You know where to look? I posted the damn abstract in the thread.......

Um, that was me picking on Z, like I typically do. No reason to get your panties in a twist, Pri.

Unfortunately they are always twisted. Damn it.......Sorry.

I should take your coworker for golf lessons. I bet between now and then he could give you a run for your money at midyear!

He grills a mean hotdog too

I should take your coworker for golf lessons. I bet between now and then he could give you a run for your money at midyear!

He grills a mean hotdog too

:smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin:

he gave me his "golf lesson" report... but I don't know about run for my money. But I believe you about the hotdog thing. But at least you didn't say "bbq" hot dog ..instead said "grill"

Who would bbq a hot dog?

Grill is something you do to food. BBQ is something you eat. :smuggrin:

Oh NOOOOOOO miss Gly.

BBQ is a method of slow cooking meat using low heat and choice smoke from different types of hard wood based on flavor you desire and the type of meat.. It is a religious term not to be confused with any other..

Well I've only been here 4 weeks (as of today). I guess I haven't picked up all the hill jack (yes, someone used that term at dinner last night) terminology yet. 48 weeks left!

Ut oh, is this going to turn into a beef vs pork barbeque argument??

I guess we don't have any carolina people in this fight.

Ut oh, is this going to turn into a beef vs pork barbeque argument??

I guess we don't have any carolina people in this fight.

beef vs. pork is just that...preference.

We don't do much pork here.. Beef, it's good food. But St. Louis and Memphis folks can fight it out over who has better pork.. I have no hog in that fight.

But you can't touch our beef.

Y'all ain't ever been to Southern WV, either. There are some bubba joints down there than can cook up some ribs now, boys...

We don't believe you. But I'm going to go visit my buddy near Charleston.. is that Southern WV?

We don't believe you. But I'm going to go visit my buddy near Charleston.. is that Southern WV?

Nope. Central.

You gotta go down to below Beckley...or maybe further West...

The joints down there are weird as hell. The place will smell like a mixture of motor oil and wet dog...but I'll be damned if they don't cook some good ribs...

Well, I ma be in real Cajun country next week... gonna feast on them mud bugs.

Well, I ma be in real Cajun country next week... gonna feast on them mud bugs.
Crawfish season's over... dork!

I'm sure you could find some boiled crawfish, but they'll be too hard to peel.

There's always seafood dishes and seafood boudin, too.

Anyway... off to the waterpark. :) I can't wait! :D

Learn to love the literature, this was just published......these people know the story. Although limited to LMWH, these agents probably have the most data compared to other classes.

http://www.theannals.com/cgi/content/abstract/43/6/1064

The Pharmacist's/Prescriber's Letter also addressed this recently.

Thanks. We use heparin drip finally for prophylaxis. LMWH is restricted in our hospital. only heparin or arixtra.