General Admissions & OTCAS D'Youville 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTHopeful2019

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there, just wanted to reach out to see who all has applied for D'Youville's MOT program? Have you heard anything back?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! I applied to D'Youville's MOT program and haven't heard anything yet! hopefully, we hear soon!

I was looking through last year’s acceptance posts and they seem to have received their decisions in February! So I guess we gotta wait little longer

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I applied also but haven't heard anything back either. Hopefully soon!

The only email I received from them stated that we would know toward the end of the month via mail. Best of luck everyone!

I got accepted there In 2018 and I found out on valentines day. So I think February is when people typically start hearing from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted there In 2018 and I found out on valentines day. So I think February is when people typically start hearing from them.

Thanks for the info! If you do not mind, would you share your stats at the time when you were applying?

Thanks for the info! If you do not mind, would you share your stats at the time when you were applying?

Whew it’s been a while: cumulative GPA was 3.8. Don’t remember the pre-req GPA tbh. I had around 109 hours of observation plus 4 years of direct healthcare experience (as a CNA). Did I miss anything? Sorry it’s been a while since I’ve had to think about this.

Does anyone know if dyouville has rolling admission? Or do they review all applications after the deadline? I sent mine a week before the deadline :(

Hey everyone! I'm a current second-year OT student at D'Youville, and I just wanted to let you know that people in my cohort started getting letters in February, and some were later (I heard back in April). Good luck to you all! And I'm more than happy to answer questions about the program if you have any!

Reactions: 3 users
Hey everyone! I'm a current second-year OT student at D'Youville, and I just wanted to let you know that people in my cohort started getting letters in February, and some were later (I heard back in April). Good luck to you all! And I'm more than happy to answer questions about the program if you have any!
Hello! Thanks for the info! I was just wondering how are you liking the program so far? Also do they send out letters instead of emails?

Update! D’Youville called me today around noon and offered me an acceptance. Hope they contact you guys soon! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Update! D’Youville called me today around noon and offered me an acceptance. Hope they contact you guys soon! :)
Congratulations! Will you be accepting?

I thought they send out mails but I guess they are directly calling the applicants now?

I got my letter in the mail, but they might have switched to emails this year! I like the program a lot- the professors care about every student and will do anything to help you succeed. You take anatomy and neuro the first year and the summer after you get off, with the option to take 2 classes online that you would otherwise take either your first spring or second fall, so that was nice. We also have an interprofessional simulation program where you work with the other health professions students in scenarios with patient actors, so that was a really cool experience. Some people in my cohort were able to work part-time the first year, but it was challenging, and then the courseload lightened up a bit the second year so most of us have part time jobs. I hope you all get your acceptance letters soon! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations! Will you be accepting?

I thought they send out mails but I guess they are directly calling the applicants now?

I’m not sure I’m having a hard time deciding between doing a 3 year vs. 2 year school. But I really like what I hear about d’youville despite its longer track.

I got my letter in the mail, but they might have switched to emails this year! I like the program a lot- the professors care about every student and will do anything to help you succeed. You take anatomy and neuro the first year and the summer after you get off, with the option to take 2 classes online that you would otherwise take either your first spring or second fall, so that was nice. We also have an interprofessional simulation program where you work with the other health professions students in scenarios with patient actors, so that was a really cool experience. Some people in my cohort were able to work part-time the first year, but it was challenging, and then the courseload lightened up a bit the second year so most of us have part time jobs. I hope you all get your acceptance letters soon! :)
hey I just got accepted! do most students live on campus or off campus?

Congrats! Most of us live off campus, there's only one on-campus apartment building for grad students but it's pretty expensive, although they do come furnished. You can find much cheaper housing in nearby, more bustling neighborhoods :)
hey I just got accepted! do most students live on campus or off campus?

Congrats! Most of us live off campus, there's only one on-campus apartment building for grad students but it's pretty expensive, although they do come furnished. You can find much cheaper housing in nearby, more bustling neighborhoods :)
ok thanks! have you taken any classes related to assistive tech? i looked at the curriculum but i couldn't find any courses that explicitly covered the topic

For the ones who received their acceptances - do you guys currently live in NY? I am really hoping for the acceptance mail to arrive and I live in CA so I am trying to estimate the time...

For the ones who received their acceptances - do you guys currently live in NY? I am really hoping for the acceptance mail to arrive and I live in CA so I am trying to estimate the time...
I live in TX

I do! I haven’t received my packet yet but I received the phone call

ok thanks! have you taken any classes related to assistive tech? i looked at the curriculum but i couldn't find any courses that explicitly covered the topic
We have not, but there are dedicated weeks for assistive tech in both the pediatric and geriatric intervention classes

Are the neighborhoods around safe? which areas would you recommend?

Just got a call for my acceptance as well but I notified them that I will be attending elsewhere. Hopefully the spot opens up for one of you guys soon! :)

Update! I just got a call today that I have been accepted! :) Hope everyone receives good news soon!

Hello! I was called today about my acceptance, but I turned it down because I’m attending Carroll University in Waukesha. Hope the best for those on the waitlist!

Just got my acceptance by phone today as well! Turning it down since I'm going elsewhere but good luck to the rest of you :)

I didn't receive a phone call yet but just got my acceptance in the mail!!

I got accepted to D’Youville! Going to head up that way sometime in the spring to check out the area. Can you recommend some areas to look for an apartment? Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know when the deadline to pay the deposit is?

The acceptance letter says “30 days of the date of this letter, however please be aware that we typically reach the enrollment cap very quickly. You are encouraged to place your deposit as soon as possible.”

Also stated “ seating in Occupational Therapy graduate program for the Fall 2020 semester is awarded on a first come, first served basis. To confirm your seat in the class, please send a non-refundable deposit of $500.”

Hi guys! I am thinking about withdrawing my acceptance. Is it more proper to do this in writing via email or should I call the admissions office? Thank you!

Hi guys! I am thinking about withdrawing my acceptance. Is it more proper to do this in writing via email or should I call the admissions office? Thank you!

I think it’s easier and faster to call the office! Emails can sit there for a long time unread :)

Hey guys! I made a Facebook group for all of us that are going to D'Youville so we can all communicate easier!
Its called: D'Youville Occupational Therapy Class 2023

I got accepted to D’Youville! Going to head up that way sometime in the spring to check out the area. Can you recommend some areas to look for an apartment? Thank you!
Congrats to all of you! Exciting times :) So the neighborhood where D'Youville is has definitely gotten better in the last two years, but I would recommend looking for a place in Allentown or Elmwood Village if you want to still be fairly close to campus. I live in Elmwood, it's pretty affordable! Has lots of cafes, shops, bars, restaurants, etc. and is pretty central in the city- a quick drive to downtown and D'Youville (about 6 minutes). A lot of my classmates live in my neighborhood so that's been nice :) If you're looking for more of a suburban feel but still in the city, I'd recommend the North Buffalo area around Delaware Park/Hertel Ave.

Hi guys, I gave up my seat today! I hope this opens up a seat for someone!! Good luck to you all :)

Declined my seat to D'Youville today! Best of luck to everyone attending and hopefully my spot opens up for someone on the waitlist!

Hi, just wondering if you'd be open to answering a few questions about the program? Having a hard time making a decision on relocating to Buff again (I did my undergrad program at Buffalo State)