E-submitted, Here are my stats:

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acetyl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Grades:
Science 3.81
Non-Science 3.56
Math 4.00
Cumulative 3.66
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration
Bachelors of Arts in Chemistry

PCAT:
87th Composite Percentile

Extracurriculars:
-Vet Tech. Volunteer
-Pharm. Tech Volunteer 2 places
-Pre-Pharm. Club
-2 Academic Honor Societies

Work Experience:
-Vet Tech.
-Chemistry TA
-Inorganic/Organic Leader
-Worked in pizza and restaurants

Applying to:
-UK
-OSU
-UNC
-Cincinnati

What chances do you think I have in admission to the programs I've listed?

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA, PCAT, and EC's all look good.

If you are in-state to one of those schools with a degree, then I would say you are practically guaranteed admission barring a horrendous interview.

dirtyart said:
Your GPA, PCAT, and EC's all look good.

If you are in-state to one of those schools with a degree, then I would say you are practically guaranteed admission barring a horrendous interview.

Cool! Thanks for the comment!

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you trying to start a thread where everyone posts their stats? It could be useful, rather than a million "what are your stats" posts. Let me know if yes, and I'll post mine.

Pharm47 said:
Are you trying to start a thread where everyone posts their stats? It could be useful, rather than a million "what are your stats" posts. Let me know if yes, and I'll post mine.

Sounds good to me!

acetyl said:
-Worked in pizza and restaurants

What was it like to work in Pizza? Must have been really messy! Just KIdding, everything looks good, good luck it shouldn't be a problem.

well if he / she is starting a thread on "here are my stats" the OP's post might be intimidating for the rest of us /w less than stellar grades :D

And to acetyl.. for you to not get into pharmacy school, I think you'd practically have to slap your interviewer and insult their babies.. :laugh:

Here's my stats, after e-submitting:

Grades:
Science 3.94
Non-Science 3.78
Math 3.85
Cumulative 3.86
Bachelors of Arts in Biology

PCAT:
N/A - Not taking PCAT

Extracurriculars:
-ED Volunteer
-Retail Pharmacy Shadow
-NCAA Track and Field
-NCAA XC
-2 Community Service Committees
-Intramural soccer (in Edinburgh)

Work Experience:
-Business Consultant - 1.5 years
-Management Trainee - 1 year
-Summer Camp Counselor - 3 summers
-Athletic Department Staff - work-study
-Biology Research Lab - 1 summer

Applying to:
-Oregon State
-UCHSC
-UCSD
-USC
-Pacific University (Oregon)

Not to hijack - but did you all have your transcripts already submitted and processed before you hit E-submit???

I am still waiting for mine to arrive @ pharmcas...

I had all my transcripts there, but still missing one reference. You can e-submit before your transcripts arrive, but your app won't be verified until they get there.

When you do - add to the thread!!

Pharm47 said:

Grades:
Science 3.94
Non-Science 3.78
Math 3.85
Cumulative 3.86

PCAT:
N/A - Not taking PCAT

Extracurriculars:
-ED Volunteer
-Retail Pharmacy Shadow
-NCAA Track and Field
-NCAA XC

Work Experience:

Applying to:
-Oregon State
-UCHSC
-UCSD
-USC

your stats look very impressive, especially the gpa.......

tdkneo said:
your stats look very impressive, especially the gpa.......

Thanks! I'm just hoping the gpa will make up for my shortage of pharmacy experience.

You people are ridiculous. Seriously. If you are even remotely worried, you're crazy.

This is beginning to look like one of those posts...

... I have a 4.0 with a 99 PCAT. I got my PhD in astrophysics back in 2000, and I have about 400 hours working in a volunteer pharmacy for the Peace Corps in Euganda. Do I have a chance at getting into Pharm school?

HAHAH - just playing guys - Your stuff looks good. My stats are good, but def not that good.

~above~

jessicaeatworld said:
You people are ridiculous. Seriously. If you are even remotely worried, you're crazy.

I'm applying to a program that requires at least 40 hours of pharmacy experience, and I have little over 10 hours. Perhaps I'm not crazy for being a little worried. GPA isn't everything.

Besides...I wasn't posting as a "what are my chances," I was trying to establish a stats posting thread, so we wouldn't have to read endless replies of "nice, what are your stats?" in every other thread.

Pharm47 said:
I'm applying to a program that requires at least 40 hours of pharmacy experience, and I have little over 10 hours. Perhaps I'm not crazy for being a little worried. GPA isn't everything.

Besides...I wasn't posting as a "what are my chances," I was trying to establish a stats posting thread, so we wouldn't have to read endless replies of "nice, what are your stats?" in every other thread.

If they require 40 and you don't have it, that might be a problem. But again, you sound freakin awesome. You should just sit and home and be awesome. I guess that would be a drug dealer. I'm just happy you guys aren't applying to my schools. My application essay hasn't even been started.

Pharm47 said:

Grades:
Science 3.94
Non-Science 3.78
Math 3.85
Cumulative 3.86

PCAT:
N/A - Not taking PCAT

Extracurriculars:
-ED Volunteer
-Retail Pharmacy Shadow
-NCAA Track and Field
-NCAA XC

Work Experience:

Applying to:
-Oregon State
-UCHSC
-UCSD
-USC

Nice work there Pharm47! You got me except for the Math GPA, which I'm afraid may drop if I get a B in Calc II this summer! I like the color matching, expecially the school highlighting. My in state school is bolded and the other is my second choice.

Your chances look pretty good despite the pharmacy experience. I don't have as much experience as I would like and have been actively seeking experience in a pharmacy, however, the jobs just aren't there for techs. in my area. I think that if we are accepted to school, it will be easier to get jobs, at least I hope so! :eek:

This probably won't turn into one of those threads where everyone has crazy good stats. I started it because I wanted to make something look colorful, was bored, and just esubmitted my application to PharmCas. I think I have a good chance of admission, but I've been known to slap interviewers before without reason which I just learned may affect my admissions decision. Maybe I should go in with my hands chained behind my back.

To the previous poster, I sent my PCAT and transcripts to PharmCas back in early June, and the PCAT wasn't recieved until a few days before the submission. I also waited until all 3 LOR were recieved before I esubmitted because if they wait too long to submit them, you can delete that reference and ask someone else if you don't esubmit. Thus, I waited until everything was recieved to submit. I also reminded my recommenders that the earlier the better. Come on, they're scientists just like us and like to get things done!

kvl1027 said:
What was it like to work in Pizza? Must have been really messy! Just KIdding, everything looks good, good luck it shouldn't be a problem.

Working in pizza was messy, but it was just work. I honestly didn't mind it too much, I just couldn't stand working with people who are not like minded. I'm kind of a dork, and like working with other dorks, aka pharmacists.

Anyone else out there with restaurant experience applying to Pharm School for next fall?

acetyl said:
Anyone else out there with restaurant experience applying to Pharm School for next fall?

I was a waitress right after I graduated. It was horrible - I lived in such a crappy neighborhood...everyone was cheap. I would get a $1 tip on a $40 meal. Boo.

Pharm47 said:
I was a waitress right after I graduated. It was horrible - I lived in such a crappy neighborhood...everyone was cheap. I would get a $1 tip on a $40 meal. Boo.

Yeah, the restaurant I just started working at is not in a bad neighborhood but people are very cheap nonetheless. It's pretty dirty too, especially during busy times. I really hope I get into pharm school so I can start working towards the career that I want to do! :D