Eagles vs. Bears

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Consigliere

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Go Eagles!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do not. Do not ever, ever doubt the Philadelphia Eagles. Tenacity. Toughness. Never die attitude. The very definition of Philly.

You gotta have faith!

Faith in the other team's kicker.
One of the rare times icing a kicker by taking a time out actually worked.

Reactions: 1 users

Expect to see the kicker ALWAYS iced from now on. Usually is already but now it will be 100%.

Crazy that guy has hit the goal post that many times this year, how is that possible?

Dude, I think having Cody Parkey kicking the field goal definitely helped. He has had so many misses this year. I’m sure the tryouts for a new Bears kicker starts now.

Props to the Eagles for a tough win and, more specifically, props to Nick Foles. That man has been passed over so many times throughout his career and yet just keeps winning. Now that my Bears are out I am definitely rooting for him for the rest of the playoffs.

The stats / game theory seems to work out against icing. Better lucky than good.

I always cheer for the kicker to miss the practice run but make the real one, just to spite the guy on the sideline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Saints gonna fry these Eagles next week like some chicken at Dooky Chase. Who dat??

Reactions: 1 users
Saints gonna fry these Eagles next week like some chicken at Dooky Chase. Who dat??
Probably. The fact that they ruined the Bears season is good enough for me. That and the Superbowl "W" last year.

Unknown-1.jpeg

1991 Super Bowl (for the youngsters. The old guys remember)

Reactions: 1 user
This is the most calm and even-keeled I've ever been after a playoff loss. Sucked to blow a 14 point lead, and pretty much do nothing for the entire rest of the game. But our entire secondary was devastated and we lost our pro-bowl guard in the first half and we barely lost, and only gave up 20 in New Orleans. Loss of Brooks was huge, and our offense just looked off from there on out. Feel bad for Alshon, he catches that 99% of the time, and the one time he drops it it gets intercepted. Not sure I agree with rushing a play there for 5 yards, but it is what it is.

Officiating today has been god awful and dreadful.
Enh ...

The officials didn't make the Saints call a pass, run, pass from inside the 15 with under 2 minutes to go. All they had to do was run it 3 times, kill some time, eat up the Rams' final timeout, kick a field goal, and win.

Enh ...

The officials didn't make the Saints call a pass, run, pass from inside the 15 with under 2 minutes to go. All they had to do was run it 3 times, kill some time, eat up the Rams' final timeout, kick a field goal, and win.

Officials 100% determined the outcome of that game. It should be overturned. The NFL has no credibility.

Reactions: 2 users
Players win games
Coaches lose games
Referees ruin games

All of these things are true but #2 is the truest for Saints-Rams

"Just getting off the phone with the league office. They blew the call," Saints coach Sean Payton said after the game. "I don't know if there was ever a more obvious pass interference call."

Payton added that senior vice president of officiating Al Riveron told him that Bill Vinovich's officiating crew missed two calls on the play: the defensive pass interference and a helmet-to-helmet penalty on Robey-Coleman. The coach said Riveron told Payton, "We messed it up."

Saints' Sean Payton on no PI: Never a more obvious call