Early Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MJHUSKERS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How early did a lot of you guys apply? I have had a school tell me to apply by July/August, but their deadline isn't until February. About what time frame is a safe time to apply to programs? I thought personally October-November would be ok.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

How early did a lot of you guys apply? I have had a school tell me to apply by July/August, but their deadline isn't until February. About what time frame is a safe time to apply to programs? I thought personally October-November would be ok.

Thanks!

Well some schools deadlines are different?..my school said they recommend applying 30-60 days in advance, they do not even start looking at them untill then and then it is a first come first evaluate process?

I was just looking at deadlines the other day and found out I had to apply to one on June 1st. Special arrangement but glad I checked! Most of my schools have a deadline of early November so I plan on applying late September.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to three schools, all with Jan 15 deadlines. I mailed my apps about a week before the deadline. I got accepted to one, waitlisted and later accepted to another, and invited to interview at the third (I declined). I'm definitely NOT saying that waiting that long is a good option, but it won't necessarily hurt you unless the school(s) you are applying to have rolling admissions. The only reason I waited that long was because I was still working on getting a respectable amount of observation hours under a PT and I took the GRE in early December. I'd have gotten my @%#! together earlier if I could do it over again.

I submitted my application mid-October. The places I applied to had deadlines mid-October and early December.

Most of the schools I'm looking at have a period of time referred to as early admission followed by a regular admission period. What is the real difference?