Early Application

Started by MJHUSKERS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MJHUSKERS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How early did a lot of you guys apply? I have had a school tell me to apply by July/August, but their deadline isn't until February. About what time frame is a safe time to apply to programs? I thought personally October-November would be ok.

Thanks!
 
How early did a lot of you guys apply? I have had a school tell me to apply by July/August, but their deadline isn't until February. About what time frame is a safe time to apply to programs? I thought personally October-November would be ok.

Thanks!

Well some schools deadlines are different?..my school said they recommend applying 30-60 days in advance, they do not even start looking at them untill then and then it is a first come first evaluate process?
 
I was just looking at deadlines the other day and found out I had to apply to one on June 1st. Special arrangement but glad I checked! Most of my schools have a deadline of early November so I plan on applying late September.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I applied to three schools, all with Jan 15 deadlines. I mailed my apps about a week before the deadline. I got accepted to one, waitlisted and later accepted to another, and invited to interview at the third (I declined). I'm definitely NOT saying that waiting that long is a good option, but it won't necessarily hurt you unless the school(s) you are applying to have rolling admissions. The only reason I waited that long was because I was still working on getting a respectable amount of observation hours under a PT and I took the GRE in early December. I'd have gotten my @%#! together earlier if I could do it over again.
 
I submitted my application mid-October. The places I applied to had deadlines mid-October and early December.
 
Most of the schools I'm looking at have a period of time referred to as early admission followed by a regular admission period. What is the real difference?