Early Assurance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SwineLake98

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering if any of you have been through the Early Assurance Program at UB. I have my interview tomorrow (they only gave me a week's notice, so I am quite nervous :scared: ), and while I doubt the process is any different, I just wanted to be sure. Also, thanks to whoever shared their experiences; I was quite relieved to read that most of you found UB to be a positive, low stress experience!

Members don't see this ad.

I knew someone who applied to UB's early assurance program and didn't get in. Is this the one where you don't need to take the MCAT?

Yup, you apply during sophomore year and if accepted do not have to take the MCATs. You do however have to maintain a certain GPA, and you don't get to start med school any earlier (but that's ok). I guess last year UB had 36 apply to the program, interviewed 30, and accpeted 20. Upstate has a program, too, with slightly lower standars, which I will be applying to if this doesn't work out (the application there isn't due until july, interviews are in Spetember).