Early Decision & AMCAS Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mthncars

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am planning on applying to an early decision program to my top school. My MCAT score comes back the first week of July and I did not want to submit my primary until then. Will my app be verified before the August 1st deadline? I have heard some say that the verification process is expedited for those applying ED. Is this true?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning on applying to an early decision program to my top school. My MCAT score comes back the first week of July and I did not want to submit my primary until then. Will my app be verified before the August 1st deadline? I have heard some say that the verification process is expedited for those applying ED. Is this true?

Thanks!
It's true that the verification process is accelerated for those applying Early Decision. August 1 is the deadline for official transcripts and application submission.

applications at all programs at all schools are run on rolling evaluations, rolling interviews, and rolling consideration. Non-Rolling versus Rolling admissions only differs effectively in when they announce the decision. In that regard each school is different though I would suspect that most programs announce all their acceptances on the same date or very close together
Hey @gonnif,

I know schools will be receiving transmitted application on July 10th this year and so in your opinion, if someone were to take their MCAT by the end of July, say the 23rd, and receive their score by the 1st week of August( 2 week transmission) would they still be considered "early"?

Do you think taking the MCAT any date in July this cycle, with the shorter turnaround, is totally fine. I'm assuming August MCAT (with the 4 week turnaround starting that month is what's a bit troubling)?

Both are assuming your app is in and verified well before then.