Early decision program applicant still waiting for a response.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

springfields

Reaction score
The October 1st deadline for medical schools to notify applicants about their admissions decision will pass in a few hours now. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a response. Is anyone else in the same boat or knows of this happening before? I am not sure what action to take.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you check the school specific thread? Maybe there is something there.

I checked. Unfortunately, nothing was there. No talk about EDP or general admissions decisions. Last replies were from a day ago as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
The October 1st deadline for medical schools to notify applicants about their admissions decision will pass in a few hours now. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for a response. Is anyone else in the same boat or knows of this happening before? I am not sure what action to take.
The action you should take is to fire off a whole bunch of applications ASAP. It is 10/1 and you do not have an ED acceptance. What other action is there to take?

The action you should take is to fire off a whole bunch of applications ASAP. It is 10/1 and you do not have an ED acceptance. What other action is there to take?

Imo it's too late to send more applications. I planned to not apply to any other schools this cycle regardless. I am asking what actions I can take with respect to this specific school in particular. I plan to send an email tomorrow, but I wonder if there is anything else I can do?

Imo it's too late to send more applications. I planned to not apply to any other schools this cycle regardless. I am asking what actions I can take with respect to this specific school in particular. I plan to send an email tomorrow, but I wonder if there is anything else I can do?
Oh! In that case, if you weren't planning on applying anyplace else anyway, you have lost nothing. I'd call, rather than send an e-mail, and ask why you didn't hear today. Maybe you are good and your call fell through the cracks, maybe you are on hold, maybe it's a silent R, but shouldn't you have received something today regardless?. Who knows, but why be passive with an e-mail and risk not receiving a response?

Oh! In that case, if you weren't planning on applying anyplace else anyway, you have lost nothing. I'd call, rather than send an e-mail, and ask why you didn't hear today. Maybe you are good and your call fell through the cracks, maybe you are on hold, maybe it's a silent R, but shouldn't you have received something today regardless?. Who knows, but why be passive with an e-mail and risk not receiving a response?

Yes, I should have heard about their decision by yesterday even if it wasn't an acceptance. Every medical school that offers Early Decision are required by AAMC to notify EDP applicants about their decision by October 1. That is why I was surprised when I ended up hearing nothing. I am in a special situation that makes this particular school the only school I could apply to this year, early decision or otherwise. I'll either call or email their office in the morning.

Reactions: 1 user