Is it too early to still be in complete silence

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polkman789

Reaction score
Just a question really. Is it too early to be concerned because of no interviews? Complete mid July for about 30 schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
What’s going on!?
We're still really early in the cycle; remember the Thanksgiving rule. I was down just a day ago because I did not receive an II -- then I got one yesterday. Honestly, it's best if you distract yourself with life instead of worrying about interviews, at least until late November. Also as a reapp as well, I understand and share your anxiety, but at this point you've done all you need to do and just can wait.

Reactions: 2 users
We're still really early in the cycle; remember the Thanksgiving rule. I was down just a day ago because I did not receive an II -- then I got one yesterday. Honestly, it's best if you distract yourself with life instead of worrying about interviews, at least until late November.
Hey big congrats on that. It’s definitely hard especially when schools you applied to are sending them out left and right. Have to try distracting myself somehow.

Reactions: 1 users
Just a question really. Is it too early to be concerned because of no interviews? Complete mid July for about 30 schools.
It's way too early. I have interviewed many med school admissions directors and because of applicants like you who are concerned by the silence and the "Thanksgiving rule," I very frequently ask "When do you stop sending out interview invitations?" The earliest response that I remember is end of January. Certainly not end of August, Not even Thanksgiving or the end of the year. Most stopped sending out interview invitations in February and March.

Take a very deep breath. And in a few weeks, if you still haven't received an interview invitation, take another one.

At the same time, if you feel there are weaknesses in your application, work to mitigate or eliminate them. Use this waiting period wisely. That way when you interview or are waitlisted, you will be in even better shape than you are today.

Last edited:
  • Love
I would say it’s a sign you’re not a “super strong” candidate but you’ll probably hear more news later

Reactions: 1 user
  • Love
The need for instant gratification it's not a virtue, patience is.

Applications are not processed in order to receipt

You might very well get an interview invite on tuesday, or next march.

Not picking on you, op, but sdners are advised to not think, "I sent it all my applications where are all my invitations?"

Reactions: 1 user
I received my first interview for an MD school in mid-March last cycle. It was my only acceptance (others waitlist or rejection), and I now go there. Don't worry yet, there is still a LOT of time left.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users