Early Decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know which medical schools offer an early decision application option? I know Baylor College of Medicine is one of them...

Members don't see this ad.

Mercer and MCG are two in GA. It depands on the school as to whether or not it participates in the program. Look on the websites for the schools you are interested in, but remember that if you go the EDP route, you may only apply to one school, so knowing which ones participate doesn't really make sense and wouldn't be helpful.

I would suggest looking at the MSAR (medical student admission requirements). It is around 20 dollars but totally worth it. It says which schools have EDP as well as other useful information. The MSAR can be found on the AAMC website.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
A lot of schools offer them, but I'm not sure anyone actually uses them. If you take a look a MSAR, it'll tell you how many matriculants in a med school's class were from EDP. From what I've noticed, a lot of schools that have EDP programs don't have any matriculants through their EDP program. I do know places like Yale, Cornell, and Pritzker have them, and generally, you'll know which schools have EDP if you just do a google search of "med school name+EDP".

Reactions: 1 user