Early Medical School Selection Program @BU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted458807

e

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked for something similar and didn't find anything.

So, in short I was accepted to BU's Early Medical School Selection Program. And supposedly all you have to do is get an MCAT> 25 and GPA>3.0 without any grades below a C. Which seems extremely low to me considering how competitive was admission to the program. Anyways so right now I am a sophomore, 4.0 GPAc. Im not doing to well in one of my classes GenChem II and Im in the borderline between C and D. Could I be dismissed from the program even if I've had a 4.0 up till now and get great grades after this class? They did say nothing was set in stone.

If anyone know someone who has gone through this program, response will be appreciated. Or maybe in a similar situation/program. Thanks.

Which program are you talking about? MMEDIC, ENGMEDIC, or the URM Early Medial one?

The URM Early Medical One is not "easy" to get into. BU is one of the higher ranked medical school's so it would definitely be better for you to get an MCAT around ~30 +/- 2
but since it is focused towards URM's its easier than traditional processes. Surprising right?

MMEDIC and ENGMEDIC are extremely competitive, you apply in your sophomore year and they typically interview people with 3.65+ who go to BU undergrad. If you know BU at all, getting above a 3.5 there is fairly difficult

Members don't see this ad :)
Which program are you talking about? MMEDIC, ENGMEDIC, or the URM Early Medial one?

The URM Early Medical One is not "easy" to get into. BU is one of the higher ranked medical school's so it would definitely be better for you to get an MCAT around ~30 +/- 2
but since it is focused towards URM's its easier than traditional processes. Surprising right?

MMEDIC and ENGMEDIC are extremely competitive, you apply in your sophomore year and they typically interview people with 3.65+ who go to BU undergrad. If you know BU at all, getting above a 3.5 there is fairly difficult

Hi, its the EMSSP (URM one). Im already accepted to the program, my question is is what happens once you are already in the program and get a low grade. Thanks!

Hi, its the EMSSP (URM one). Im already accepted to the program, my question is is what happens once you are already in the program and get a low grade. Thanks!

wow congrats! Ok well from what i know, what happens is you end up going to BU Undergrad (taking classes) to get your BA, but at the same time you take Medical school courses. After senior year they transition you into BU Med provided they approve you, but i think once your in the program its pretty hard to get kicked out

wow congrats! Ok well from what i know, what happens is you end up going to BU Undergrad (taking classes) to get your BA, but at the same time you take Medical school courses. After senior year they transition you into BU Med provided they approve you, but i think once your in the program its pretty hard to get kicked out

Thanks! I am very excited (tho a little worried?). The way it works is you stay in your original college and go to BU for senior year to take 3 MS1 classes for early credit and for a lighter load the next year. Although I think because of the changes to integrated curriculum we might have to take them and not get credit for them. You still get your degree from your original university. :oops:

Thanks! I am very excited (tho a little worried?). The way it works is you stay in your original college and go to BU for senior year to take 3 MS1 classes for early credit and for a lighter load the next year. Although I think because of the changes to integrated curriculum we might have to take them and not get credit for them. You still get your degree from your original university. :oops:

sure yeah thats true, but you really should just be thankful you got in to BU. They get around 10k applicants each year in the normal process :O, its a great school :)

Thanks! I am excited, this class is just a bump on the road