easier dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joooj86

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
im wondering if there are easier dental schools than others. if someone just wants to "get by "...not thinking of doing a specialty ..are there easier schools...so that someone can have a life ..possibly? :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

joooj86 said:
im wondering if there are easier dental schools than others. if someone just wants to "get by "...not thinking of doing a specialty ..are there easier schools...so that someone can have a life ..possibly? :laugh:

Dental school is hard no matter how you cut it. Can you work less in dental school if you dont want to specialize. Sure. However, dont get the impression that "getting by" is easy to do. You will put your time in no matter what you decide to do after dental school.

Do you want to see a lawyer every other week?
If you dont work hard to know all those procedures and what you can or cannot do, how will you be able to avoid those malpractice lawsuits?

I think what you wanted to ask is: is there a school that focuses more on clinical side and train good general practicioners.

i heard arizona is pretty laid back. ucla on the other hand is pretty intense. what i mean by that is that dental sch has tons of busy work no matter what, but the sch's philosophy has a lot to do with how the focus of that sch. you should find out what each sch is all about.

Then on the other hand, you deserve to have a good education, so you have to balance everything. arizona might be somewhere to look into. i believe you will have an awesome education and the environment is not too intense and tuition(even though it is private) is still affordable. of cos there are other sch that fits you as well, but AZ is an example.

joooj86 said:

Members don't see this ad :)
someone from baylor told me they wished they had gone to U of Houston instead, b/c it was much easier.

joooj86 said:

The easiest dental schools are the ones with the P/NP grading system: Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UCONN. piece of cake. So, try to go to one of those schools. :)

There are definitely schools that are easier than others (easy probably shouldn't in the same sentence as dental school though). Those that integrate medical and dental together for the first two years are the more challenging programs.

dat_student said:
The easiest dental schools are the ones with the P/NP grading system: Harvard, UCLA, UCSF, Columbia, UCONN. piece of cake. So, try to go to one of those schools. :)

I dont know about that. They are highly ranked schools and they accept "smarter" students. They Pass /Fail system usually show they have really smart students that they trust to do the best. Its easier on teacher for the Pass/Fail. Also, I heard fail is like at 80 percent in some classes, and so Id rather get a C than a big "FAIL" on my resume.

gator1210 said:
I dont know about that. They are highly ranked schools and they accept "smarter" students. They Pass /Fail system usually show they have really smart students that they trust to do the best. Its easier on teacher for the Pass/Fail. Also, I heard fail is like at 80 percent in some classes, and so Id rather get a C than a big "FAIL" on my resume.

He was obviously joking

isn't columbia HP/P/F which is the equiv of A, B, F?? that only takes a bit of the pressure off.