Easier to find jobs in California if you go to California Pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

danhphan80

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I was just wondering: "Do you guys think it would be easier to find jobs after you graduate in California if you come from a Pharmacy school in California? Do California Pharmacy students have advantages over students graduated from out of state when they look for jobs in California? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you have your license and alive, they'll hire you. Why would they care if you went to school outside of California? The only thing is that you have to take the law test and I heard it's not easy for people that went to school outside of California because they're not as prepared.

Yeah, like Kellybean said, you should have no problem finding a job once you get a California license, so it doesn't matter where you go to school. But you will have to do some studying on your own for the law exam. It's definitely doable. Going to a California school will help but is not necessary.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the law exam difficult in other states too?

Is the law exam difficult in other states too?

From what I have been told definitely about New York but not 100% sure it is also applicable to California, there is a compounding portion of the exam that has to be done correctly or it results in a failure. you can work for the federal government with any state license.

and with the huge shortage of pharmacist in specific areas, I highly doubt beggers are going to be choosers

oh and what kellybean said.

I've worked with pharmacists from all over the country - so no, you can work here as long as you pass the the exams.

I get spam in my email box looking for pharmacists in the CA area lol. I don't think you will have a problem.

I think we chose the right profession:D