Easier? UW LaCrosse or Milwaukee DPT

Started by greco13
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greco13

PT, DPT, ECS, OCS, ATC
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Which program has less competitive admissions: University of Wisconsin LaCrosse or University of Wisconsin Milwaukee? Both programs are entering into PTCAS next cycle and I was just wondering if anybody had any opinions or admissions stats.
 
Well, I got into UW-Milwaukee, and denied from UW-La Crosse. Word on the street is that La Crosse has a freshman admit program, so a majority of their seats are filled up from them.

UWM accepts 24, UW-L accepts 40. So I guess all in all they're about equal. It depends what "diversity" you bring to the table. About 16/24 in my class are Kinesiology majors... I was a Biology, and a few Psych/English etc...
 
UW - Milwaukee focuses the majority of their decision off of your academic stats & GRE scores, whereas UW - La Crosse takes experience, recommendation letters & other factors more into account. UWM uses a statistical algorithm to calculate your likelihood of passing the boards (they're very focused on keeping their 100% pass rate) and they choose mostly based on that. UW-Milwaukee is also a newer program, so there are still some things they are working on, but their program is based off of UW - La Crosse's (they have a consortium). I know UW - La Crosse takes your overall experience more into account, but not to the extent that UW - Madison does. So if you're a very well rounded person & student I would recommend Madison. UWM would be a good option if you have great grades and GRE scores & La Crosse would be a blend of the two. It's hard to say which has an 'easier admission' since they are looking for different things in candidates.

I'm a 1st year at the University of Wisconsin (Madison). Our program is VERY diverse and we have an awesome group of people. I can't say enough good things about our program. Also, I was accepted into all 3 UW schools and I did my Master's at UW - Milwaukee. I chose Madison because of the great faculty, research opportunities, respect of the program & the Big 10 environment.

In the end, they're all great programs & will give you a great education. Any one would get you to where you want to be. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions.