Easiest Biology Classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TigerLilies

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I was have taken Bio 1, Bio 2 and Genetics. And so I was wondering what are the easiest upper-level bio classes in which it is feasible to get an A?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

TigerLilies said:
So far I was have taken Bio 1, Bio 2 and Genetics. And so I was wondering what are the easiest upper-level bio classes in which it is feasible to get an A?

thanks

The one you like the most?

It really depends on your university and professor. At my school genetics, molecular bio, and comparative phys are the "easiest" ones but like I said, it varies.

Members don't see this ad :)
BlackBantie said:
It really depends on your university and professor. At my school genetics, molecular bio, and comparative phys are the "easiest" ones but like I said, it varies.
u serious?

in my school, genetics is way harder than orgo

TigerLilies said:

thanks

Anything without the words "chemistry" or "physics" in the title :laugh:

The higher who go, the worse is gets, so in the end it just depends on what you are actually interested. I found that for me, Plant Biology was harder than Gross Anatomy because I was COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED in learning about the structure and physiology of plants. But Gross Anatomy, which is technically way harder, was easier for me because I was very interested in it.

I guess it depends on your predispositions. I took Bio I, II, and Human Physiology. The plants killed me, but I had a great time (and did well in) Human Phys.

Genetics for me was not hard, just a lot of work (breeding the fruit flies and such). Our professor was really interesting so I was into it. I would have had an A if I hadn't gotten married the week before finals! ;)

doctajay said:
The higher who go, the worse is gets, so in the end it just depends on what you are actually interested. I found that for me, Plant Biology was harder than Gross Anatomy because I was COMPLETELY DISINTERESTED in learning about the structure and physiology of plants. But Gross Anatomy, which is technically way harder, was easier for me because I was very interested in it.

I change my major from a plain Biology BS to "Biology/Anthropology BS" so I can avoid taking zoology, ecology, and plan biology classes. I found those subjects boring when I took the introductory biology series. I'm looking forward to finishing this new major I have chosen.

TigerLilies said:

thanks

I am curious as to why you are looking for the easiest? Why not try and find a course that you will get the most out of or that would most benefit you as far as learning as much as you can for the money that your paying?

with all due respect you're asking an unanswerable question for several reasons...
you should be asking this question of people at your school or have attended your school. It's entirely relative to the instructor. A 1 credit yoga class could be extremely difficult if to make an A you have ballance on your head sitting indian style for an hour.

there might be some generalizations that could be interpolated like p-chem is generally harder than a physiology type class but this is also highly dependent on you and your learning style and your interests.

we are traveling a difficult road i don't recomend subcontracting out your common sense to complete strangers. good luck!

Genetics at my school was too ez. Intro biology was harder.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haemulon said:
I am curious as to why you are looking for the easiest? Why not try and find a course that you will get the most out of or that would most benefit you as far as learning as much as you can for the money that your paying?

I second that! Molecular cell biology at my school is overwhelming and extremely difficult, but I took it, did the work, and did well. Now every bio and chem class I take seems that much easier because I've got such a strong background. Don't go the silly pre-med route and take the easiest classes you can find to get straight A's....because where's the challenge? And then how do you know that you're up for a real challenge should it come your way?

TigerLilies said:

thanks

Medical Botany

geno2568 said:
u serious?

Genetics and molecular bio are taught by the same prof here and she's easy peasy lemon squeezy. But she's ancient and soooo slooooooow. I never will take one of her classes no matter how easy they may be.

you ever used www.pickaprof.com?

Its a website that gives you:

Student Reviews – Give insight into homework load, lecture style, exam type, attendance policy, study tips and more!

Grade Histories - Are obtained directly from university records and provide the distribution of A – F’s students earn in each class at select campuses.

Its really useful. It use to be free, but not anymore, but you can probably share an account with friends and roommates.

julie29524 said:
you ever used www.pickaprof.com?

Its a website that gives you:

Student Reviews – Give insight into homework load, lecture style, exam type, attendance policy, study tips and more!

Grade Histories - Are obtained directly from university records and provide the distribution of A – F’s students earn in each class at select campuses.

Its really useful. It use to be free, but not anymore, but you can probably share an account with friends and roommates.

Thanks! But my school doesn't have pick a prof

TigerLilies said:
Thanks! But my school doesn't have pick a prof
Then it looks like you have to go old school by asking upperclassmen on campus and word of mouth. :cool:

TigerLilies said:

thanks

Cell genetoimmunophysiology - hardest undergrade upper level bio you can take - failed it twice

Now you know what not to take :cool:

doctajay said:

I totally agree. Learning about plants is intolerable.

Plus, what have plants ever done for us? (don't answer that).
-Dr. P.

geno2568 said:
u serious?

Agreed. Although that's probably because we attend the same school :)

I don't think you can really generalize about classes. It defintely depends on the school and even within the same school it can depend on the professor.

TigerLilies said:

thanks

environmental biology. studied three times, 108%, not bragging, class was just that easy, of course some found a way to fail. very interesting too.

you ever try Mycology? It was purely memorizing classification gibberish and lectures on jock itch and athelete's foot.

The only thing I remember from that class is Amphotericin B (Amphoterrible) and Nystatin ( named after NYC).

Dr. Pepper said:
I totally agree. Learning about plants is intolerable.

Plus, what have plants ever done for us? (don't answer that).
-Dr. P.