should i retake S/N prereqs classes during covid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dillpicklechips

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am returning to college after a 5 year break. I had prereqs including gen chem II/ochem II and upper division classes like neurobiology, biology, immunology, genetics that I had S during covid. I've also havent yet taken ochem lab (it is offered as a separate class at my university) and forgot a lot of the content.

Because I am returning, should I retake these classes for a grade or take upper division classes I havent already taken. My cGPA is 3.01 and science 2.89 and I'm working on finishing my degree and doing a DIY post bacc to improve my GPA.
 
Avoid repeating classes. If you passed them the first time, move on to new material. Given your GPA though, you really can't afford not to ace whatever you choose to take, so plan accordingly. Only repeat a course if you have any prerequisites you have failed (anything below a C for medical school admissions).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad