Easiest dental schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VladiAVB

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering which dental schools are the easiest academically speaking? I know technically all dental schools are challenging but for instance, out of Western, Roseman, Colorado and Washington which one is easiest?

Members don't see this ad.

Roseman, probably. It's pass/fail, and has a very unique system that's pretty forgiving. From what I've heard, pretty much no one fails out.

At Western, the faculty member that interviewed me ensured that if I accepted Western, they (faculty/staff/school) do their best to get you to graduate within your 'correct' year/with your class. As in, they try to make sure everyone graduates together and doesn't repeat a year. I don't know if this translates to easy, but it def felt reassuring :)

Members don't see this ad :)
At Western, the faculty member that interviewed me ensured that if I accepted Western, they (faculty/staff/school) do their best to get you to graduate within your 'correct' year/with your class. As in, they try to make sure everyone graduates together and doesn't repeat a year. I don't know if this translates to easy, but it def felt reassuring :)
What would make someone have to take an additional year of dental school?

If you don't make the grades or if you have bad hand skills. Most schools can work with the grades, but if you don't have the hand skills you're a law suit waiting to happen. You can't be in clinic and working on real people if you don't have control of the drill.

Usually only happens when a student fails at the start of the program (in preclinic or classes, and usually only when it happens multiple times), taking time off for family issues/personal reasons, or falling extremely behind on meeting clinical requirements. It basically never happens to students that put forth some effort.

Hi, I was wondering which dental schools are the easiest academically speaking? I know technically all dental schools are challenging but for instance, out of Western, Roseman, Colorado and Washington which one is easiest?
Where did you hear that Washington or Colorado would be easy? I've only heard of students who go there struggling to keep up with the didactic curriculum, just the same as any other dental school. I do consistently hear about Roseman being the easiest though.

Where did you hear that Washington or Colorado would be easy? I've only heard of students who go there struggling to keep up with the didactic curriculum, just the same as any other dental school. I do consistently hear about Roseman being the easiest though.
I wasn’t saying Washington and a Colorado were easy, I was just wondering relative to the other schools on that short list where they might stand

Reactions: 1 user
They’re all rough. Just get in and get out with the least amount of debt.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.