Easiest optometry school for acceptance???

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Big Mac Dizzle

Big Mac Dizzle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My marks aren't the hottest, and I haven't written the OATs yet...so I'm wondering what the easiest optometry school to get accepted to is. I don't really care where I go, I just want to get in somewhere.
 
you may want to try and strengthen other areas of your application, like LORs and shadowing exp. i do not think there is an easy school but it all depends on what you have to offer.
 
Big Mac Dizzle said:
My marks aren't the hottest, and I haven't written the OATs yet...so I'm wondering what the easiest optometry school to get accepted to is. I don't really care where I go, I just want to get in somewhere.

Based on the 2004 statistics, Puerto Rico's optometry school is one of the easiest to get into:
The site below is pretty good. It gives you a lot of info. You might want to pay close attention to the acceptance rate of in-state and out of state applicants. The school in my state is private, but still accepted 40% more in-state applicants than out of state applicants.

http://www.opted.org/info_profile2.cfm