Easiest third-year rotations for clinical re-entry?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ganglia777

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like I'm going to need some extra time to wrap up some research and I'd want to allocate ~10 hours a week to do so over the first 3-4 months of rotations. What are the easiest rotations to start with? I'm thinking:

Psych
Neuro
Hematopathology elective
Ultrasound elective
 
Hematopathology elective all the way lol, see if you can do that one first to ease you in? Electives in general may be good to start with. At my school the heme path elective is only 2 weeks, but every day was a half day which is perfect for research. I took it as my first rotation (before PhD, because my school lets us do 6 months of clinical before switching to PhD mode) and it was good practice learning how to use EPIC and presenting patients without having to actually see any patients yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: tr