east-coast community-based GS programs(?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr. strangelove

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hope everyone is well. i'm finishing up my third year and am interested in community-based general surgery residencies on the east coast. i go to school in the pac NW, so i really don't 'know' the programs across the country. would any of you fill me in on those you would suggest i look into? for example, there are several in NY but they seem to be extremely variable in terms of 'quality' and i'm not familiar enough with those programs to make any real distinctions. if any of you did rotations or sub-i's and know of any programs i should avoid that would be greatly appreciated too. does anyone know about the kern med center program in bakersfield, CA or the kaiser general surgery program in LA?

thanks greatly for your help. you can email me too.

cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

I worked with a couple of people from Guthrie in NE Pennsylvania. One was a PGY2 the other was a fellow that graduated from their gen surg. residency. They both loved it. Check it out at <a href="http://www.guthrie.org" target="_blank">www.guthrie.org</a>