Eastern Washington DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nwdpt

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else got into EWU and/or is planning on attending? I have also been accepted at University of Puget Sound and Northern Arizona, but EWU would save me tons of $$ since it's in-state so I am leaning that way. Has anyone visited the campus or has any thoughts on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone else got into EWU and/or is planning on attending? I have also been accepted at University of Puget Sound and Northern Arizona, but EWU would save me tons of $$ since it's in-state so I am leaning that way. Has anyone visited the campus or has any thoughts on the program?
When did you hear from Puget Sound?

Just yesterday! 02/02/16

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!

Hi there. Congrats on acceptances! I went to EWU's information session back in October and was able to tour the campus and meet a few students. The facility seemed very large for only having classes of 38 students, which is a plus. All of the rooms we saw and the cadaver lab appeared recently renovated, very new and shiny. Equipment was all very nice and new. We really didn't get to meet many of the faculty members while we were there, so I can't say much about that aspect. I've only had the chance to visit and get a feel for 3 DPT programs so far, which don't include Puget Sound or Northern Arizona. So I can't help you out much in regards to comparing the programs, but I was pretty impressed with Eastern overall. I hope that helps you out. I would recommend attending the open house in March as well!

Yes, I will definitely be at the open house! Thanks! What other programs have you toured?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
Yeah, no problem!
Cumulative GPA 3.73 (bio major)
Pre-req GPA 3.83
GRE quantitative 153, verbal 165, writing 4.5
~450 hours orthopedic outpatient in two clinics
~15 hours inpatient
~40 hours chronic pain management/work hardening/conditioning
~15 hours hippotherapy

Yes, I will definitely be at the open house! Thanks! What other programs have you toured?

Regis University and Rocky Mountain University. Unfortunately haven't had the chance to visit many WA schools.

Hi!

If I were you I would go to EWU especially if you're a WA resident. I visited their program in October and the facilities are spectacular and brand new. They are focused on the future of medicine by integrating the different medical professional schools on the biomedical campus. Their faculty are impressive and have diverse backgrounds and best of all it's a top 25 school that's inexpensive and located in a region that has a temperate climate with plenty of recreational opportunities to keep you sane during your rigorous DPT studies. That's a no-brainer to me. Congrats on the acceptance!

I got accepted to EWU. Still waiting to hear back from a few different schools but I'm leaning towards EWU right now. Does anyone know anything about out of state tuition? I am originally an Idaho resident but have Utah residency for school and had questions about the WICHE or how to get a residency tuition waiver signed for lower tuition.

I got accepted to EWU. Still waiting to hear back from a few different schools but I'm leaning towards EWU right now. Does anyone know anything about out of state tuition? I am originally an Idaho resident but have Utah residency for school and had questions about the WICHE or how to get a residency tuition waiver signed for lower tuition.
Contact Debra at admissions for EWU and she will tell you all about the reduced tuition for out of state students. Basically, out of state students that get accepted get a scholarship through the school for the first year of attendance that reduces tuition drastically. In the mean time they help you get your in-state residency so that you obtain in-state tuition for the remaining 2 years. (the scholarship is for those who intend to gain WA residency)

If I were you I would go to EWU especially if you're a WA resident. I visited their program in October and the facilities are spectacular and brand new. They are focused on the future of medicine by integrating the different medical professional schools on the biomedical campus. Their faculty are impressive and have diverse backgrounds and best of all it's a top 25 school that's inexpensive and located in a region that has a temperate climate with plenty of recreational opportunities to keep you sane during your rigorous DPT studies. That's a no-brainer to me. Congrats on the acceptance!
That's awesome to hear! Thanks! Are you planning on EWU as well?

Congrats everyone! I also got accepted but haven't had a chance to see the facilities yet. The in-state tuition is a huge benefit in its favor. One of the things that is making me hesitant though is that I emailed them in January since I was home in WA and asked for tour of the facilities and to hear more about the program. I let them know that I would be unable to attend the informational session since I was interviewing elsewhere and that I can't get back for the March 5th day either. But their response was in essence a no, which was somewhat off-putting. Does anyone know someone who's attended the program there and what they thought?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the waitlist at EWU, but have a couple other acceptances. EWU is my top choice for sure because it means I don't have to relocate. Unfortunately, they don't tell you how many ppl are on the waitlist or your position on the list, which is a little frustrating. I'm still holding out hope, so if anyone decides to decline, posting it would be awesome! :)

I'm on the waitlist at EWU, but have a couple other acceptances. EWU is my top choice for sure because it means I don't have to relocate. Unfortunately, they don't tell you how many ppl are on the waitlist or your position on the list, which is a little frustrating. I'm still holding out hope, so if anyone decides to decline, posting it would be awesome! :)
What are your other acceptances if you don't mind me asking?

What are your other acceptances if you don't mind me asking?

NAU and Puget Sound right now. I still have an interview at Montana University at the end of the month too. I'm just praying for EWU to pull me off the alternates!

I just sent in my deposit to Eastern Washington!!! Is anyone else planning on attending?

MLR11 - I sent mine in a week ago! I'm super excited to finally be in a program and get to start getting to know everyone!

Has anyone been pulled off of the Eastern Washington University alternate list yet?

Has anyone heard anything at all? Know of anyone who has been pulled off the wait list?

I haven't heard anything yet, but I emailed Debra Dickerson a couple of weeks ago and she said they had started sending out acceptance letters to some ppl on the alternate list. I guess we weren't part of those chosen yet tho. wha wha whaaa!

Anyone currently in the program at EWU who cares to comment on their thoughts so far? How do you like the faculty and the class? Living in Spokane? How rigorous is the schedule? Do you have a life outside of class? Hands-on experience and clinical rotations? Is research required or are there opportunities to assist professors?
Thank you!

I just sent in my deposit to Eastern Washington!!! Is anyone else planning on attending?

Hey I know this thread was awhile ago but do you mind sharing your stats before you got accepted to EWU DPT? Also what do you think of the program so far? EWU is one of my top schools and I am really curious to hear more about how it is!