BMW5

10+ Year Member
Aug 25, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Which Pharmacy schools accept low GPA? In other word, have the Easiest Admission Requirements? i'm a little worried

About the Ads

confettiflyer

Model Citizen™
15+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2004
Best Coast
Status
Pharmacist
this is like the 4th thread on this exact same topic

do people not know how to search for anything anymore? this scares me :scared:

pharmster

10+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Status
Post Doc
why does that scare you? And whats the big deal? If people didn't/don't ask questions, there would be no search function...don't get me wrong, i think people should utilize the search function. Some people just want direct answers to their questions, and some people are just lazy:D

azPharmD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Its the lazy ones I am worried about. Do you really want a lazy pharmacist filling your Rx?

Or worse, do you want a lazy pharmacy student who will likely drop out taking up a seat that could have been yours?

PharmHopeful3

10+ Year Member
Jul 19, 2007
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Its the lazy ones I am worried about. Do you really want a lazy pharmacist filling your Rx?

Or worse, do you want a lazy pharmacy student who will likely drop out taking up a seat that could have been yours?
if they're taking the time to ask questions on here, then they arent that lazy. Some people arent familiar with online forums and dont think to check if their question has been asked before.

Falokis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Auburn, AL
Status
Pharmacy Student

Do you know what they call the guy that had the lowest GPA in his class and graduated from the worst Pharmacy School?

Point being: If you graduate from a SOP, you are not that lazy or stupid. I once asked my grandfather, who was a lead designer of the Lunar Rover, what the highest math he ever used at his job. His reply, "Geometery." I don't know if you graduated yet or not, but you learn about 90% more in school than you will ever apply in your job when you graduate. School is the test to see if you can do your job.

Falokis

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
Auburn, AL
Status
Pharmacy Student
Someone who won't pass the NAPLEX?
I'm currently a Medical Technologist. You know who one of the only two people to fail the ASCP certification in my graduating class was? The person with the highest GPA. A high GPA doesn't mean you understand what you are taught, it just means you are a good at the game. Albert Einstein did horrible in school and it wasn't because he stupid.

AshleyCPhT

Sophomore UT Chattanooga
10+ Year Member
Sep 15, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I'm currently a Medical Technologist. You know who one of the only two people to fail the ASCP certification in my graduating class was? The person with the highest GPA. A high GPA doesn't mean you understand what you are taught, it just means you are a good at the game. Albert Einstein did horrible in school and it wasn't because he stupid.
That is such a good point. Which is why alot of Pharmacy schools are starting to look at more than a GPA. Having a 4.0soesnt mean you;re a genius, it may only mean that you spent all of your time studying and have no social skills, or any of the skills needed in the real world. And a low GPA can just show how you weren't applying yourself to your full potential. (But both can also mean the most frequently assumed.)

lee0539

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
GPA has so many variables its not even funny. I wouldn't trust GPA to mean much of anything unless two people went to the exact same school, class, teacher, live in the same place, and have the same responsibilities like work, clubs, etc.

lee0539

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
Is a high PCAT score next on the list of things to bash? :laugh:
hehe well I wouldn't trust PCAT alone to determine much either. But having a standardized test along with GPA can probably give some decent clue as to how well someone would do in grad school. People getting 2.6 GPA with 99 PCAT score and 4.0 GPAs getting 60s on PCAT shows that nothing will perfectly determine intelligence. PCAT does have several flaws in the design, but that's a different rant.

azPharmD2B

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 8, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
People getting 2.6 GPA with 99 PCAT score and 4.0 GPAs getting 60s on PCAT shows that nothing will perfectly determine intelligence. PCAT does have several flaws in the design, but that's a different rant.
High PCAT, low GPA: someone who is likely plenty smart and is either lazy or just had some bad circumstances affect their grades

High GPA, low PCAT: someone who likely took the easiest instructors and only learned material long enough to pass exams.

lee0539

10+ Year Member
Jun 8, 2005
Status
High PCAT, low GPA: someone who is likely plenty smart and is either lazy or just had some bad circumstances affect their grades

High GPA, low PCAT: someone who likely took the easiest instructors and only learned material long enough to pass exams.
High PCAT doesn't mean they are necessarily smart but lazy it could mean that they are good at taking tests under pressure and have studied a lot of PCAT material, but they don't really understand what they know therefore do poorly in class. Some just have a knack for breaking down multiple choice questions and knowing what would be the best answer. I had a friend like that who did very well on the SAT, but if you ask him what that vocab word was he doesn't have a clue.

High GPA could mean they are very smart, but very poor test takers under pressure. Or it could mean they are not smart, but just go to a easy school or have easy instructors.

You could see either of those as being smart, but having a weakness or not smart and strong in certain areas. It could also be they were very lucky on the PCAT and knew just most of the material on the test, but overall they don't know the material very well.

About the Ads