Easy Course load?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifeman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Med schools look at the difficulty of your course load?

I dont take all my pre-reqs right away because different teachers teach diff quarters and they could be easier/better. For example, I took Bio 1 this fall quarter but I will wait to take Bio 2 in Spring quarter because the teacher then is alot easier. Thus, I am filling my schedule with random classes just to fill GE's and just cause their interesting.

So what I am asking is, if my schedule does not look to rigorous, but I get my B.S and get mostly A's, will med schools care?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes they look at the rigor of your schedule, but as long as you weren't taking less than 12 credit semesters then higher GPA is worth more than taking 19+ credit semesters.

As long as you're taking full time credits each semester/quarter then you should be fine. I'm sure they would take into consideration what else you were doing with your time (work, volunteering, etc). I suppose it would look awkward if you took 12 credits per semester and still weren't doing well though..