Easy Pharmacy School to get accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thusinhngheo

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone known any easy pharmacy schools to get accepted. i KNOW a few of them.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone on here is always looking for everything easy. Life isn't easy. Pharmacy admission isn't easy. There are no guarantees and no "safety schools" unless your GPA is 4.0. Just work hard and stop looking for shortcuts!

1. University of Hawaill --
2. Temple Unversity ( PA )
3. One school in Florida

i AM Not looking for a shortcut. I am trying to find any easy pharmacy schools to apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
As stated before, pharmacy school admissions are competitive. Most people won't characterize admissions as easy at their school or any other, because doing do would put the school down and insult the students attending that school.

thusinhngheo said:
1. University of Hawaill

The University of Hawaii does not have a pharmacy school currently.

I'd love to hear what Kwakster has to say about this. You may want to get your flame ******ant suit ready.

3. One school in Florida

I thought you said you KNOW a few of them. There are a few of them in Florida. Take your pick! University of Florida, Florida A&M, Palm Beach Atlantic, and Nova Southeastern are all hard to get into. Maybe of the four, PBA would be easiest, but it isisn't easy by a long shot.

i AM Not looking for a shortcut. I am trying to find any easy pharmacy schools to apply.

That is a contradiction. If I am looking for an easy way to do something, I am looking for a shortcut.

Now here are some schools in no order that are not as competitive to get into: University of Southern California, UCSF, University of Colorado, University of Kentucky, University of Tennessee, Ohio State University, and University of Michigan. Good Luck!

Caverject said:
Now here are some schools in no order that are not as competitive to get into: University of Southern California, UCSF, University of Colorado, University of Kentucky, University of Tennessee, Ohio State University, and University of Michigan. Good Luck!

:laugh: nice one caverject :thumbup:

thusinhngheo said:
1. University of Hawaill --
3. One school in Florida

1600+ applicants for 150 seats you do the math.

kwakster928 said:
1600+ applicants for 150 seats you do the math.
This comment is like being forced to pull out at the last second. I was expecting fireworks from you Kwakster. I am disappointed :mad:

fireworksfireworkdisplayms12.jpg

do i see a devil?

You could say the University of South Carolina is easier to get in to as long as you have a high GPA. They don't require the PCAT, or an interview if you aren't a borderline applicant. Because they don't require the PCAT, they focus more on the GPA, and I believe USC ranks 6th in the highest average GPA of accepted students (around 3.7). It's my impression that they stress pharmacy work experience more than other schools do, so that could make it harder for some, like me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Compared to what everyone's said about their applicant pool, I guess it could be said that West Virginia University SOP isn't terrible hard to get in to. Last year there were 408 applicants, 80 were accepted. Then again... the year before that, there were 222. I'm hoping the applicant pool for this year didn't double again :scared: The average GPA last year was a 3.66 overall and a 3.61 prereqs only, and the average PCAT was a 76. Even though the applicant pool doubled, I don't believe the *quality* of the applicants increased; 2 years' ago class was 3.62 overall and 3.54 prereq and still PCAT 76, so it's not a huge leap.

That being said, I don't think WVU is an "easier" school to get into, just "more likely by statistics."

Oh, and Temple isn't an easy to get into school. I'm originally from about 15 minutes from the school (Glenside, which is like Philadelphia except it has a few decent areas in the same school district so the high school isn't quite as bad as Philly schools), and I've met plenty of people that were rejected. Also, if you want to go outside after dark anywhere that isn't campus property, you need to own a bullet-proof vest and it's not recommended that you car is a model later than 1990. It's all the better if you're eligible for a conceal and carry license. I <3 Philadelphia! [kwakster928, by any chance have you been to the Mutter Museum? I'm not wondering for any reason other than the place is my personal Disneyland. Along with pharmacy, I'm also a genetics nerd, especially when it comes to rare defects. If you happen to have any interest in that sort of thing, you should go. Just hop the train up to 30th St, then it's a few blocks south (across the Sus. River bridge) on 22nd St, to your right if you're coming that way. Good place to go if you're bored one afternoon.]

WVURxGal said:
Compared to what everyone's said about their applicant pool, I guess it could be said that West Virginia University SOP isn't terrible hard to get in to. Last year there were 408 applicants, 80 were accepted. Then again... the year before that, there were 222. I'm hoping the applicant pool for this year didn't double again :scared: The average GPA last year was a 3.66 overall and a 3.61 prereqs only, and the average PCAT was a 76. Even though the applicant pool doubled, I don't believe the *quality* of the applicants increased; 2 years' ago class was 3.62 overall and 3.54 prereq and still PCAT 76, so it's not a huge leap.

That being said, I don't think WVU is an "easier" school to get into, just "more likely by statistics."

Oh, and Temple isn't an easy to get into school. I'm originally from about 15 minutes from the school (Glenside, which is like Philadelphia except it has a few decent areas in the same school district so the high school isn't quite as bad as Philly schools), and I've met plenty of people that were rejected. Also, if you want to go outside after dark anywhere that isn't campus property, you need to own a bullet-proof vest and it's not recommended that you car is a model later than 1990. It's all the better if you're eligible for a conceal and carry license. I <3 Philadelphia! [kwakster928, by any chance have you been to the Mutter Museum? I'm not wondering for any reason other than the place is my personal Disneyland. Along with pharmacy, I'm also a genetics nerd, especially when it comes to rare defects. If you happen to have any interest in that sort of thing, you should go. Just hop the train up to 30th St, then it's a few blocks south (across the Sus. River bridge) on 22nd St, to your right if you're coming that way. Good place to go if you're bored one afternoon.]
Are you by chance related to our other RxGal, FutureRxGal? :laugh:

Caverject said:

This could be a SDN version of "Who's your daddy?" :laugh:

I think i get what the person was trying to say....

Which schools have shorter application processes?

Do I think its a reasonable question?
Well I only applied to schools that didn't require the PCAT...
but that was me being lazy

is this person being lazy?
yes i think so.

I would like to know which pharm school in FL it is as well...

I would definitely not post schools on here that i thought were easy to get into if you are not a student at the school or have not gotten into that school.

You are going to piss people off... especially the volitile students who have been denied from those "easy" schools.
plus, you don't really know so its just a stupid thing to do.

if that's the case that person is dead wrong. you need PCAT to apply to Temple.

bbmuffin said:
I would definitely not post schools on here that i thought were easy to get into if you are not a student at the school or have not gotten into that school.

You are going to piss people off... especially the volitile students who have been denied from those "easy" schools.
plus, you don't really know so its just a stupid thing to do.

Maybe the OP likes the taste of foot :laugh:

Caverject said:

No, but I am dating WVUPharm2007! He set up this account for me, so maybe he just wanted to pretend he was dating FutureRxGal. I'd go wake him up and yell, but he's quite asleep at the moment, plus he has a 9-9 shift tomorrow (he interns at a Kroger pharmacy.) Poor kid. [BTW, If anyone ever sees any posts that don't sound like me down the line, that'll generally mean he forgot that I was signed in.]

bananaface said:
As stated before, pharmacy school admissions are competitive. Most people won't characterize admissions as easy at their school or any other, because doing do would put the school down and insult the students attending that school.

If they were the easy schools, then they won't be easy for long ::chuckles:: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: because sooner or late, enough people would find out about it, apply to it, and make the # of applicants skyrocket like no other. In the end, the once so-called "easy" schools would be yet another one of those "not-so-easy" schools :D

This question has been asked a few times on the pre-dent forums. Most people were helpful with the question. Maybe the thread starter should have said "which schools have low GPA avgerages since I have low stats?". Asking which schools are easy to get into might step on some peoples toes, either current or future students and those that didnt get into those schools. There is a pharmacy school in Hawaii that accepts low GPA's, but they are not accredited yet. I don't think there is anything wrong about asking which schools have lower averages. Not everyone has high stats. Good luck to everyone.

how do you know that Hawaii accepts "low GPA's"? THere is no info about that anywhere.
xxdakinexx said:
This question has been asked a few times on the pre-dent forums. Most people were helpful with the question. Maybe the thread starter should have said "which schools have low GPA avgerages since I have low stats?". Asking which schools are easy to get into might step on some peoples toes, either current or future students and those that didnt get into those schools. There is a pharmacy school in Hawaii that accepts low GPA's, but they are not accredited yet. I don't think there is anything wrong about asking which schools have lower averages. Not everyone has high stats. Good luck to everyone.

sungs01 said:
how do you know that Hawaii accepts "low GPA's"? THere is no info about that anywhere.

It's a new school. New schools tend to be easier to get into.

xxdakinexx said:
I don't think there is anything wrong about asking which schools have lower averages. Not everyone has high stats. Good luck to everyone.

Very true. I am one with low stats that were the result of my freshman year of college, but I was accepted into pharmacy school. However, the thing that irks many of us on here is that this same question has been asked umpteen times, and if there had been a simple search conducted throughout this forum with those keywords, then the OP's question could have easily been answered satisfactorily. Keep in mind though that once the OP begins to name specific schools, there is bound to be a student from one of them who frequents this forum and could be offended by someone calling his/her school "easy."

The key is to know WHEN to apply. ;)

I know that the pharmacy school in Hawaii accepts low GPA's because I have had numerous friends with sub 3.0 GPA's apply and get accepted. Sub 3.0 as in 2.7 - 2.9. It is a new school that isn't accredited, so they need students. I am not taking anything away from the schools. My friends say it's a great program. I am just letting those know that they tend to accept lower GPA's, since it is new, not accredited, an expensive place to live and they need students. Although there are no published stats, I know because of word of mouth and friends. This is a public forum and I am just trying to help. You can believe me or not; I could care less.

FutureRxGal said:

Oh no, are you laughing at me? Then it must be true! All those times he says he's "going to school"... :( *sniffle* What about our children (meaning our stuffed duck)???? You... you... HOMEWRECKER! *runs away*

xxdakinexx said:
This is a public forum and I am just trying to help. You can believe me or not; I could care less.

I do not doubt what you say, and yes this is a public forum. However, this is a public forum dedicated to professionals, and soon to be professionals. When a claim like the one you made is posted, it is either well known or there is a reference. When HICP started, the people that used to post on this board quit posting for numerous reasons, but the most important reason is due to their accreditation status. The student's, obviously, want accreditation so they are not going to give a public forum like this fodder for people to talk about. Heck, there is a poster on the forum who's dad is on the accrediting committee. SDN is a very small world. As with any brand new school, it is hard to be picky with student selection. In the same respect, all schools have standards and I'm sure Hawaii's will increase.

Caverject said:
I do not doubt what you say, and yes this is a public forum. However, this is a public forum dedicated to professionals, and soon to be professionals. When a claim like the one you made is posted, it is either well known or there is a reference. When HICP started, the people that used to post on this board quit posting for numerous reasons, but the most important reason is due to their accreditation status. The student's, obviously, want accreditation so they are not going to give a public forum like this fodder for people to talk about. Heck, there is a poster on the forum who's dad is on the accrediting committee. SDN is a very small world. As with any brand new school, it is hard to be picky with student selection. In the same respect, all schools have standards and I'm sure Hawaii's will increase.

I understand. That makes sense.

WVURxGal said:
Oh no, are you laughing at me? Then it must be true! All those times he says he's "going to school"... :( *sniffle* What about our children (meaning our stuffed duck)???? You... you... HOMEWRECKER! *runs away*

Heh. Don't worry...he's not my type. :p