Eating habits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

killingbill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else developed bad eating habits from being a pharmacist? i've gotten so used to eating so fast, from scarfing down my lunch while looking around, trying to avoid that customer to interrupt me while i'm eating. Now whenever I eat outside of work, I follow those same bad habits eating so fast and i can't really control it. Also, getting out of work late and eating dinner between 9 and 10 PM doesn't really help either and I'm getting some serious stomach issues.

How do you guys prevent this? What do you guys typically eat for lunch? I'm thinking of changing to a liquid diet at work (like fruit smoothies or something) so that I can slowly digest my food rather then shoving a sandwich down my mouth.

Members don't see this ad.

is it an option to slowly snack on things throughout the day? like nuts, grapes, pieces of cheese, etc? you can cut a sandwich into tiny pieces too. that's the healthiest way to eat anyways...constant delivery of small pieces of food vs. a couple of huge meals in the day.

i used to feel like a gazelle at a watering hole- is it the crocs or lions that were going to get me today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your body has the ability to digest the food no matter how fast you eat... The concern of eating too fast is your body normally does not provide "you are full" feedback leading you to overeat. If you only eat a set portion, you should be fine.

I try to stay away from liquid diet, based on my experience, I did not not feel satisfied after chugging a glass of protein shakes. It's ok pre/post workout but not a substitute for a regular meal.

I eat a lightly breaded chicken breast about 4-5 hours into my shift. It's something that's worked well for me. I heat it up during my bathroom break and take bites of it as I'm working. It holds me over so I don't overeat when I get home and it's healthier compared to what I used to snack on at work.