The annual Nathan's hot dog eating contest

Started by rph3664
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rph3664

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this is not about pharmacy, although it theoretically could be when the contestants show up at the ER and are given Zofran or some similar drugs.

I think these contents are disgusting, especially with all the publicity about obesity and eating disorders, and CNN has mentioned it in detail TWICE in the past half hour.

It's also not news, JMHO.
 
I know this is not about pharmacy, although it theoretically could be when the contestants show up at the ER and are given Zofran or some similar drugs.

I think these contents are disgusting, especially with all the publicity about obesity and eating disorders, and CNN has mentioned it in detail TWICE in the past half hour.

It's also not news, JMHO.

Um, then why did you make this post?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the reminder!! Appointment viewing in my household 🙂

Joey Chestnut is an unstoppable force; I wonder if Kobayashi is going to give it a go this year or sit out again like he did last year with his 'dispute' with the IFOCE.
 
Um, then why did you make this post?

Because I felt like it. 😀

If a moderator wishes to move this to The Lounge, go ahead. It was just on my mind.

Thing is, Nathan's hot dogs are delicious!

When I was a kid in Girl Scouts, we were talking about things like this, and the leader's husband said he once won a jumbo shrimp eating contest by consuming 22 of them - "and then I upchucked about 22 times!" :barf: He's close to 80 years old by now, and he probably STILL can't eat them.
 
Did anyone else watch? Chestnut cruised to his fifth straight title after gobbling 62 hot dogs in ten minutes, which works out to an impressive one dog per 9.7 seconds. I'm not sure I could eat a single hot dog and bun that quickly.

The mohawked dude (Bertoletti) made an impressive showing...can you imagine downing 53 dogs and finishing a distant second place?

This year's sponsor: Pepto Bismol. Seriously.