ebooks?

Started by NRAI2001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Text books mainly...

I found a really good book in rar format.. do you guys know how to print rar files? or convert them to pdf/word so that I can print a few chapters from the book?
 
Text books mainly...

I found a really good book in rar format.. do you guys know how to print rar files? or convert them to pdf/word so that I can print a few chapters from the book?


Download WinRar. Its free and it works great.
 
A rar file is like a zip file, just a different type of compression. You'll need to extract it (either to desktop or some designated folder of your choosing), rather than simply opening it. After extraction, you will have the real file.
 
A rar file is like a zip file, just a different type of compression. You'll need to extract it (either to desktop or some designated folder of your choosing), rather than simply opening it. After extraction, you will have the real file.

Well I have the file on my desktop and it opens and everything is working. I just cant print one of the books at all, and the other one prints as an html file so it comes out all wierd??

Any advice?
 
What type of file are you working with? The ebooks I've seen have either a pdf, chm, or djvu extension.
 
I use access medicine for many many things. See if your school has an account.
 
So, does everyone print out ebooks? I thought an ebook would be convenient because you can carry it on a thumb drive. Temple (study) has a great great great site.
 
Last edited:
Well I have the file on my desktop and it opens and everything is working. I just cant print one of the books at all, and the other one prints as an html file so it comes out all wierd??

Any advice?
Some pdf files don't let you print or save. There are work arounds to this though. There are programs that bypass this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad