You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
EBooks vs Hard Copies
Started by Dr. Anonymouss
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted915325
Definitely prefer hard copies but I have free access to wayyy more ebooks than hard copies so I end up using them 95% of the time despite my preference
This. I much prefer hard copies, but my wallet greatly favors the digital variety.Definitely prefer hard copies but I have free access to wayyy more ebooks than hard copies so I end up using them 95% of the time despite my preference
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Easier to make Anki cards with e-books.
Do y'all use a specific application like kindle or do you just buy the generic PDF version? I was leaning heavily towards only using ebooks, but am still trying to decide the best way to approach it.
Do y'all use a specific application like kindle or do you just buy the generic PDF version? I was leaning heavily towards only using ebooks, but am still trying to decide the best way to approach it.
Your school certainly has...access...to PDFs of most books you'll need. Throw those into Notability and rock 'n roll.
Your school certainly has...access...to PDFs of most books you'll need. Throw those into Notability and rock 'n roll.
So are you saying I should hold off on buying all the amazon kindle versions? The first semester it totaled about 400 dollars. It says June 1st I should look into getting all the books even though class doesn't start until August.
They have an old-fashioned device called an index.Hard copies don’t have control+F.
No time for that noise in preclinical.They have an old-fashioned device called an index.
B&B pdf file is all you need cuz
What is this “hard copy” you speak of? Does it not fit into a google drive?
LMAOOO. I swear I was thinking the same thing as I scrolled downYou guys use books?
So are you saying I should hold off on buying all the amazon kindle versions? The first semester it totaled about 400 dollars. It says June 1st I should look into getting all the books even though class doesn't start until August.
Oh god yes who in the world told you to go out and buy books. Most universities have textbooks legitimately available electronically through the library. Furthermore, textbooks are really only a "break glass in case of emergency" way for learning in medical school (though admittedly I read a good chunk of Robbins).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who needs books? Spacebar go clack clack
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Ebooks. Less to lug around and Ctrl F. However, with the whole coronovirus thing going on the former might actually be a moot point.
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 885
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 3K