EC Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Johnny Appleseed

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted an ad in the local classifieds and offered to give kids free piano/guitar lessons. I've been teaching a few kids for a few months now.

My question is who do I list to verify a service like this? I don't have a supervisor or anything. Is this something I can still put in my application as volunteer work?
 
Not a big deal. I worked at places that closed and just put "N/A" since there was no one to contact. Since you're doing your own lessons, don't even worry about it.

Would concur ^. It's definitely something that you can put down as a volunteer service for ECs but just put something like N/A in the spot for employer/verifier, and explain what you did in the appropriate written section. As long as you provide a good explanation, adcoms will understand.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile