Ec/work experience/volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

komradrobot

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey ya'll

How far back in time are you going for work experience, ec, volunteer?

I graduated college in '07. I am thinking of including all of my activities from the past five years...

Does five years seem reasonable?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ya'll

How far back in time are you going for work experience, ec, volunteer?

I graduated college in '07. I am thinking of including all of my activities from the past five years...

Does five years seem reasonable?

absolutely.

In some instances (even listed on AADSAS) you can use a few experiences from your high school days.

Of course you would only want to make mention of these if they are really monumental, and use them in strict moderation as more current activities are much more applicable.

Members don't see this ad :)
But what is considered current? For me, having graduated college in '07, would it be everything I've done since college up until now?

Even if I started college in 2003?

That's going to make a long list, but it does make sense. I wonder what other "non-trads" are going to do?

Let's say undergrad was 12 years ago.

I think it would be more then valid to make mention of a monumental opportunity that you took advantage of from back then; like a mission trip to Africa, for example.

If you attended high school < 8 years ago, I don't see anything wrong with making mention of activities from then, if you're just trying to flesh out your application. Again, only if they are monumental opportunities, and use them sparingly from HS days.

Just my thought...

There is only so much you can jam into the application, they have limits. Start with the most recent and work your way down, and of course list only the large significant experiences. I think the limit is 5 things in each category.