Step I ECFMG application...how long does it take?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Lawliet2008

Nobody mess with Adam We
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi there. I'm an IMG who graduates in July 2013 and would like to submit my application by September 2013.

So today, I finished submitting my preliminary application to ECFMG for taking the Step 2 CS, and I paid the $1375 exam fee. But now, it looks like I have to send some forms to the office in Philadelphia.

Does anyone know how long the process usually takes before I am given the greenlight by the ECFMG people to go ahead and book my seat for CS?

I wanted to take the exam in the first week of Feb, but now I'm starting to think that's impossible. 🙁

As usual, any and all help is greatly appreciated.