ecfmg application problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maverick_pkg

Vascular Surgery
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
have applied for step 1 and application reached there on dec 28 but oasis still says - being processed - for application status,

anybody else with similar problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Took them a full month to process my application ....I did call and they said they beeing flushed with application, thats why it takes so long....therefore apply as early as you can, because as long as your not approved you can not scedule any appointments for CS or CK!

maverick_pkg said:
have applied for step 1 and application reached there on dec 28 but oasis still says - being processed - for application status,

anybody else with similar problem?

hmmm thanks dude... guess will wait for some more time. plannin to give it in march end so still time

i had the same issue, and needed to take the test in a couple weeks. so, when i hadn't heard by mid jan, i called. they gave me some BS about needing 6-8wks to process....don't let them get away with this!!!!

on the website, it says they must recieve the application by the end of dec in order for you to sit the exam feb-april...so, i did my part (and you did yours) so they MUST process it. if they are full of apps, too bad for them. they cannot cut into your eligibility period when you sent in the application by the due date!

call the number, ask for an estimate of when it will be done. if it is not scheduled to be done by the fist day of your eligibility period, tell them to pull your application and process it! you paid for that, and met all of the requirements, so it is their job to get your app processed! and, make sure they do it with enough time to get your scheduling permit.

i am quite peeved with NBME/ECFMG right now...they were slow in processing paperwork, the prometric test site by my house no longer exists, and the next closest one is a 3 hour drive away! bastardos....

those jerks at NBME/ECFMG are making a mint off of our exam fees...the least they can do is process our applications on time, and give us a reasonable choice of exam locations! jesus, every med student gives these guys $2500 for the steps 1, 2cs and 2 ck....where does all that money go????

oh yeah, and next time do the on-line app, as it is much quicker

Members don't see this ad :)
neilc said:
i had the same issue, and needed to take the test in a couple weeks. so, when i hadn't heard by mid jan, i called. they gave me some BS about needing 6-8wks to process....don't let them get away with this!!!!

on the website, it says they must recieve the application by the end of dec in order for you to sit the exam feb-april...so, i did my part (and you did yours) so they MUST process it. if they are full of apps, too bad for them. they cannot cut into your eligibility period when you sent in the application by the due date!

call the number, ask for an estimate of when it will be done. if it is not scheduled to be done by the fist day of your eligibility period, tell them to pull your application and process it! you paid for that, and met all of the requirements, so it is their job to get your app processed! and, make sure they do it with enough time to get your scheduling permit.

i am quite peeved with NBME/ECFMG right now...they were slow in processing paperwork, the prometric test site by my house no longer exists, and the next closest one is a 3 hour drive away! bastardos....

those jerks at NBME/ECFMG are making a mint off of our exam fees...the least they can do is process our applications on time, and give us a reasonable choice of exam locations! jesus, every med student gives these guys $2500 for the steps 1, 2cs and 2 ck....where does all that money go????

oh yeah, and next time do the on-line app, as it is much quicker

ya i guess I'll call them soon, its already 1st feb and into my eligibility period.
They sure r robbing us man!!

I had applied online only dude, and the certification statement reached there by dec 28 2004

yeah, give them a call...they processed my application within 24 hours after my call. but, they still have to get the sched permit to you and all that other crap. i would call them first thing tomorrow, and whip them into shape!

good luck!