ECFMG(USMLE step 1)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss physician

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Any one can help with a good plan for passing the ECFMG( USMLE step one)??

I will have the exam after 6 months, while I am working is any body can help with a good plan for preparation for taking step 1 USMLE for ECFMG ( for foreign medical graduate).

Thank you,

miss physician.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

Any one can help with a good plan for passing the ECFMG( USMLE step one)??

I will have the exam after 6 months, while I am working is any body can help with a good plan for preparation for taking step 1 USMLE for ECFMG ( for foreign medical graduate).

Thank you,

miss physician.

1. Make sure that the school you went to is certified by the WHO and is listed in the IMED directory on the ECFMG website. If it is not, you cannot take the exam.

2. Go to the ECFMG website and print out the necessary forms; I think they are 345, 344, 186, and possibly 187, depending on your current educational status. If you are a graduate, make sure to have 3 photocopies of your diploma, plus some translations of it from a certified translator/translating service here in America, as they prefer it being done domestically for legal reasons.

3. See if there are any local testing centers in your area. Are you going to be working in America, or in the country that you studied in?

As for review materials, question banks, NBME's, and anything else associated with the exam, either search on here (upper right hand corner), or google it. If you have any other questions, I'll try to answer them to the best of my ability, but you have to keep in mind that I will be taking my exam in the next couple of weeks. Good luck with the application process!

-GynGuy