ECG book

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

APACHE3

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the Dubin book..but does anyone know of a practice manual with hundreds of ECG's I can practice with? Thanks :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

APACHE3 said:
I have the Dubin book..but does anyone know of a practice manual with hundreds of ECG's I can practice with? Thanks :cool:

There is a book called 100 practice EKG's. Cheap if you buy it on-line. Also has a good summary (better than Dubin I think).

Actually I think Dubin stinks. It teaches you what you are looking at, but not how to interprit it. The only OK section of Dubin is MI, but even then it doesn't talk about reciprocal changes or Mi in conduction abnormalities (which a mjority of patients will have) It is so basic you will finish it and still have no idea where to begin. A good book that has EKG strips integrated in the text is Marriot's EKG. Bit longer but worth the time on the key topics.

Hope this helps.

Hey all

I do alot of 12 lead basic and advanced instruction and i have seen some gawd aweful books out there. Here are the ones i have liked the best:

Practical Electrocardiography 8th Ed. Marriott.
It is important to get the 8th is you can, that was the last one Marriott actually wrote (he died before the 9th was written) and the subsequent ones are not as good.

12 lead ECG by Dr. T Garcia and N. Holtz - simply awesome. I suggest it at all my advanced classes. Dr Garcia also has a few other ECG books which are excellent.

For understanding there is only one bible.

Hursts The Heart 11th Ed. by Fuster, Alexander and O'Rourke its amazing. Alot of WHYS and Pathophysiology which equates to understanding.

Members don't see this ad :)
APACHE3 said:

Dubin is a child molester and his book sucks, too. I highly recommend Malcolm Thaler's "The Only ECG Book You'll Ever Need" for a good overview of electrocardiography. Another good book that has well over 100 practice ECGs with answers and explanations is David Ferry's "Basic Electrocardiography in Tend Days". You can find either of these online at Amazon or your local med school bookstore.

Hope this helps.

I heard that about Dubin :eek: also..maybe I'll check out the Ferry book. Thanks

You might also try another book if you want more practice:
"150 Practice ECGs" by George J. Taylor; 2nd edition. It's a great book, and pretty cheap if you buy it used from Amazon.