ecg book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuinnB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to get people's take on what a good ECG book for cardiology (but not necessarily EP) would be. A good balance between theoretical and practical. Not looking for an introductory book, something more advanced. Are folks doing mostly practice books at this point?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach
Ary L. Goldberger MD FACC

marriott's practical electrocardiography... EIGHTH EDITION (the last actually written by marriott)

or cho's electrocardiography in clinical practice

marriott's book is classic and a quick read... and actually uses prose.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most faculty/fellows in my program recommend Chou's Electrocardiography in Clinical Practice. It's good but kind of dry (even for an EKG book).

Clinical Electrocardiography: A Simplified Approach
Ary L. Goldberger MD FACC

When I was resident, my cardiology attending used to say that Goldberger is genius. I personally like Mariott because it is so easy to read.

I know this thread is for advanced ECG books. However, im a 3rd year, very interested in Cardiology and wanting to learn how to read ECG's. I have Dubin's book but find it pretty hard to get into with the fill in the blank etc. Any suggestions for a good introductory book. thanks

@ Jacket. I'm a 3rd year med student as well... Almost done with Thaler "The Only EKG book you'll ever need" and its very good read. Just my 2 cents though....